Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 wheels

Nice work Vino, outsmarted them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    feel good story
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    "It was them pesky Aussies' fault" sez Cavendish.

Taking his defeat with accustomed good grace, then.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Gee, sorry Cav....

Comments really do read as though the rest of the field was meant to ride so as to suit him, don't they?
    Last edited by Burgey; 28-07-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    If they hadn't already hung the medal round his neck before the race then it may have been raced differently. The way the talk was in the build up was that he only had to turn up to win, that was sure to annoy the others and in the end we (GB) weren't good enough on the day.

couldn't stay up to the end, must have been a good finish. bummed out ogrady got so close but no medal
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    The breakaway group was lucky to not get tangled in the mess. Such an odd crash, looked like he completely misread the bend.
    Reminded me of an old fogie riding one of those mobility scooters straight into a wall.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Its a bit rich of the GB team to blame the Aussies, we had someone in the leading group, I can't work why the GB team weren't alert enough to do likewise instead of purely racing for Cavendish. Germany could be blamed though.

Good on Vino for winning, always one of the most intriguing riders in the tour de france when he's not sitting out for doping reasons! I read an article today basically saying that he's the guy no one wanted to win due to the previous charges, I disagree, but if they think that, why doesn't the Olympics just perma ban anyone done for doping as its not in line with the Olympic spirit..

Don't have a problem with what Cav said.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Gee, sorry Cav....

Comments really do read as though the rest of the field was meant to ride so as to suit him, don't they?
    Aussies at fault for riding negatively

Thought it was our guy that led the first breakaway, stayed in the lead group the whole time and eventually destroyed GB's hopes

Furthermore, we also sent another guy up the road to help him

GB's tactics seem to consist of circulating slowly enough to allow Cav to climb the hills, co-opting Sky riders from other countries to help tow him, allowing anyone with any ambition to break away and expecting the others to come back to wait for Cav to sprint the last 200 m to victory

Sorry for ****ing that up for you

finish wasnt that good after all. rookie mistake too.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Cavendish is a brilliant rider but why can't he just have said it wasn't to be and that is racing instead of whining like a baby about how unfair the field were to stop him. Makes him look almost as foolish as when Paula Radcliffe blows it in a marathon then blubs.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Its a bit rich of the GB team to blame the Aussies, we had someone in the leading group, I can't work why the GB team weren't alert enough to do likewise instead of purely racing for Cavendish. Germany could be blamed though.

Good on Vino for winning, always one of the most intriguing riders in the tour de france when he's not sitting out for doping reasons! I read an article today basically saying that he's the guy no one wanted to win due to the previous charges, I disagree, but if they think that, why doesn't the Olympics just perma ban anyone done for doping as its not in line with the Olympic spirit..
    I don't think he can blame anyone. It's the nature of the event - its a team event with an individual gold medal winner. His team had every chance to propel him to the line. I don't understand how he can botch about it - Whinging that people Hea riding against made it hard for him to win.

Well **** me. It's called competitive sport. Hea the cycling World's Peter Costello with a sense of entitlement like that.

hey burgey, newsflash, both sides of politics are turdhead ****wits

I don't really think he's whinging. To me it just seemed a typical post-race Cav interview, he recounted how the race went, this time it didn't go so well, so he threw in a few words that reflected that.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information