• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Hockey Discussion Thread****

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pitiful from the Kookaburras. If you're ranked one you should at least make the final ffs.

Poms getting a proper toweling so far at least.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
0-2 now with 10 minutes to go. :( It'll be so sad to see them go home empty-handed.

Meridio

International Regular
Not looking good. We look tired, making a lot of basic mistakes. Charlotte Harrison being terrible isn't helping either. Don't know what happened to her, she used to be good.

Meridio

International Regular
Gutting. We were second to every loose ball today, and on attack just weren't getting the players forward in the way we have all tournament. Played nowhere near our best.

GB were better today, but my god the BBC commentators were ****ing me off.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Gutting. Really wish the Chinese hadn't fallen over against Japan in pool play, as from watching them against Australia I think we could've beaten them in a bronze match. Fair play to the Brits, they were by far the better side today. Still hurts though.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Find myself feeling a bit sorry for the Argies here inexplicably...should have been a hit to them before the Penalty Corner.

Meridio

International Regular
Find myself feeling a bit sorry for the Argies here inexplicably...should have been a hit to them before the Penalty Corner.
Yeah it's a failing of the video referral rule - they can't call for one if the infringement is outside the attacking 23. Just seems stupid that they can't call for something like that, when it directly led to a goal.

Dutch were far stronger in that second half though. Feel a bit for Luciana Aymar, probably the greatest female player ever and she's got silver twice.