• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official Hockey Discussion Thread****

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's plenty of Glams playing hockey, but South Africa's no.21 (Marais I think her name is) is something of a leveller.

Meridio

International Regular
Currently 2-2 at halftime vs USA. Have no idea how, we should be up by 3 or 4 goals, have missed some sitters plus the two goals we gave away were hopelessly soft. Also, one of the umpires is ****ing terrible.

Meridio

International Regular
How did that game finish up?
We won 3-2. Was giving me heart attacks tbh. Think the Harrison sisters missed a combined four open goals between them tonight.

Makes it very tight at the top of the table. NZ & Aus on 9 points each, Argies are currently 2-0 up over Germany, if it stays that way they'll go up to 9 too while the Germs will be on 6. Final group games are NZ vs Germany and Aus vs Argies so it's all to play for. Might come down to goal difference, in which case we might seriously regret not putting 6 past USA today.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome first half from Pontifex. NZ didn't create many opportunities at the other end, though.

Meridio

International Regular
Yeah, we're looking woeful this game. Belgium completely dominant, quicker through the midfield and looks like they're doing more work off the ball; their strikers are finding quite a lot of space - must have had 7 or 8 clear shots on goal.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So err yea I heard the Aussies blew a 3 goal lead against us. Oops.

Guess it shouldn't matter too much for the Aussies, but still...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Some deliberate Ghambiring here but we are getting dominated a wee bit in the girls game.
Still 0-0 but the goal is under review aws

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
My Ghambiring worked - 0-0 the finish but if that was a boxing match we would've lost on points.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
As I understand it, this guarantees us 2nd place in the group? We have a superior goal difference to oz, so if the last game is a draw, us and argentina will go through?

Meridio

International Regular
Yes!!! :wub:

Was thinking of avoiding all news sources today until I could watch a replay after work, but decided I couldn't resist. Stoked.

My reading of the table says that no matter what happens in the other game, we go through second. If Australia win they go through top; if Argentina win then they go through top; and if it's a draw Argentina are top due to best goal difference while we're second. Will most likely be playing the Netherlands, though GB are a decent chance to upset them in which case we'll be up against them.

Now, got to find me some semi-finals tickets.

Jacknife

International Captain
Haven't caught the women's Hockey until today but the NZ'ers and the Dutch teams certainly win and the babes front.