• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

John 'Jono' Steffensen

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A few years back, I think it was at a Commonwealth Games, Steffenson pulled out of the individual 400m to be part of the relay team, citing fatigue or some slight injury.

I was listening to the radio when this was announced, when sporting talkbalk legend The Nark rang the Big Sports Breakfast and proclaimed, quite properly:

Next time you're talking to that dickhead Steffenson, can you let him know that 400 metres is still 400 metres, even in the ****ing relay?

Sums him up really.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what's wrong with dropping one event you won't win to concentrate on an event as a team you might

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A few years back, I think it was at a Commonwealth Games, Steffenson pulled out of the individual 400m to be part of the relay team, citing fatigue or some slight injury.

I was listening to the radio when this was announced, when sporting talkbalk legend The Nark rang the Big Sports Breakfast and proclaimed, quite properly:

Next time you're talking to that dickhead Steffenson, can you let him know that 400 metres is still 400 metres, even in the ****ing relay?

Sums him up really.
Not a fan of Steffensen at all, but isn't running one of those races instead of two because he's fatigued a sensible option?

Anyway, he is a dick. No doubt about it.

Was a discussion on SEN about who is more despised in Australia, Mundine of Steffensen.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So an average, 30 yo 400 m runner that hasnt run the qualifying time has been omitted in favour of a guy that has run faster times and is also a dual Australian champion whilst still a junior

Imagine if he was the British Tae Kwon Do World Champion that was omitted in favour of a guy ranked 59 - now that guy has a genuine gripe

Steffensen ran a couple of good times YEARS ago and has carried on ever since like he was the second coming of Michael Johnson

Guy is such a douche