• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No Beckham

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
True, and I'd expect them all to start, probably. But even so, that's 3 out of 18. It's like a fantasy football conversation you'd have had down the pub about 5 years ago come to life. "Tell you what, if England had Giggs to fill in on the left then we'd have a quality side" etc...

In any event, squad is announced tomorrow iirc.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
No one Norn Irish either. I thought Evans might get a go but he's not really a Pearce type player. The anti-Richards- small, weak, good technique on the ball, manager loves him but fans think he's ****e.
Think Ferguson ruled out Evans being available. Think Giggs and the likes of Rafael and Fabio were the only players who'd be let go. IIRC over age players can be refused to be let go but the U23s have to go.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think Ferguson ruled out Evans being available. Think Giggs and the likes of Rafael and Fabio were the only players who'd be let go. IIRC over age players can be refused to be let go but the U23s have to go.
Yeah makes sense. Thought he was 23 but he's 24.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Pearce seems to be the kind of person who just wants to be a contrarian wanker.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well, the clubs may have to let them go, but what I was getting at is that there would be no way to force the player himself to go against his will.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I normally don't pay much attention, but is the Olympics' football usually this ****house? Better teams look like they CBA and the ****ter teams are, well, ****ter.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The teams haven't been training for very long, and its a bunch of players who don't play together all that often, or at all in the case of GB, so it has a very pre-season feel about it. Also I'd imagine the smaller teams do take it more seriously than the footballing regulars so you get teams like UAE and Japan looking reasonably good.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They're a hard team to warm to, the Uruguayans. Petulent whining kickers.

Also irritates me how their occasional Liverpool defender "Coates", despite having a Scottish father who presumably spoke English, has his surname pronounced not as "coats" but "co-ar-tez". **** off.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They're a hard team to warm to, the Uruguayans. Petulent whining kickers.

Also irritates me how their occasional Liverpool defender "Coates", despite having a Scottish father who presumably spoke English, has his surname pronounced not as "coats" but "co-ar-tez". **** off.
That's a bit of a stretch.

flibbertyjibber

I saw my first 5 minutes of the football tonight and Suarez and co were moaning and scrapping for all of it. Not a massive fan of football in Olympics but glad we knocked them and him out. Maybe he can do a turn at Wimbledon tomorrow by eating an apple through Andy Murray's racket.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Only Brazil are actually a better team than us, really, but its basically an England team. Bronze at best but I'd go for fourth place.

Uppercut

Ramsay and Bellamy are two of their best players tbf. They play some nice stuff, loving the Allen-Cleverly-Ramsay central midfield. Miles away from England stylistically.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hmmm chances of us medalling?
South Korea in the quarters, so we're a good shout of the semis and then probably exit against Brazil.

Winning the group's done us no favours as the bottom half looks a piece of piss. One of Japan, Senegal, Mexico or Egypt is guaranteed a silver.