• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** The Olympics is **** Thread

uvelocity

International Coach
"As a result, we are down about 18 in ranking overall - 24th now in ranking. We have never seen that ranking before."

what a dip****

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure why youre worried about Australia increasing the money we spend on sport when:

a. It can potentially do a lot of good for the general population in terms of morale and general health; and

b. Governments at all levels hose infintely more money away every year on bs projects like NSW light rail ($500 million straight down the toilet), NBN (multi billion dollar black hole if there ever was one), subs (Collins class anyone?) etc etc et ****ing c

I'm not advocating a blank cheque but it's ridiculous that some aspiring sportspeople in one of the world's proudest sporting nations dont have access to facilities or those at grass roots level dont have the option of playing certain sports at school because teachers dont get paid overtime and therefore wont consider anything that takes them past closing time

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
of all the government funded things you could use as an example, you use infrastructure? jesus christ man

Spikey

also this could be the thing that sparks a fat tax. i wouldn't mind that. #sorrypews #sorryhoward #****youskidmark00

Ruckus

International Captain
Not sure why youre worried about Australia increasing the money we spend on sport when:

a. It can potentially do a lot of good for the general population in terms of morale and general health; and

b. Governments at all levels hose infintely more money away every year on bs projects like NSW light rail ($500 million straight down the toilet), NBN (multi billion dollar black hole if there ever was one), subs (Collins class anyone?) etc etc et ****ing c

I'm not advocating a blank cheque but it's ridiculous that some aspiring sportspeople in one of the world's proudest sporting nations dont have access to facilities or those at grass roots level dont have the option of playing certain sports at school because teachers dont get paid overtime and therefore wont consider anything that takes them past closing time
pfft extra money spent on sport is effectively taken away from other areas. You can't just say it's beneficial in isolation. And yeah of course there are plenty of other examples you can come up with, but since when do two wrongs make a right. It's about striking a balance, and I think sport in this country easily has enough funding, especially the olympics where a damn lot of it is simply down to wanting to maintain 'national pride' or some other bs.

uvelocity

International Coach
I think they should reward the sports that did well so more money for sailing! buy us all boats! and if michael diamond wins again buy us all guns! then we can stop the boats too!

#winwinwin

Spikey

pfft extra money spent on sport is effectively taken away from other areas. You can't just say it's beneficial in isolation. And yeah of course there are plenty of other examples you can come up with, but since when do two wrongs make a right. It's about striking a balance, and I think sport in this country easily has enough funding, especially the olympics where a damn lot of it is simply down to wanting to maintain 'national pride' or some other bs.
how many gold medals even make the nation pride anyway. i'm not gonna become some jolly camper 'cause some sailor does well!

benchmark00

Sport is the lifeblood of this country. **** education and health, just win me some golds and I'll be happy.

flibbertyjibber

Sport is the lifeblood of this country. **** education and health, just win me some golds and I'll be happy.
Serious point here, been a bad games for Australia up to now but got some serious candidates this week, how many golds in total would end up with it not being a terrible games in peoples eyes?

Ruckus

International Captain
how many gold medals even make the nation pride anyway. i'm not gonna become some jolly camper 'cause some sailor does well!
Dunno, the standard has probably just been set by precedent in the previous few games; i.e ranked near the top 5 with 10+ gold. Anything much less than that will no doubt be condemned. Hell I'm pretty sure even for Beijing some people weren't particularly happy.

Spikey

we really only care about swimming so the ship has sailed

i suppose sally pearson winning would lead to a lot of articles. personally i hope she falls on her face, but that's not personal. i wish that fate on all hurdlers

Ruckus

International Captain
we really only care about swimming so the ship has sailed

i suppose sally pearson winning would lead to a lot of articles. personally i hope she falls on her face, but that's not personal. i wish that fate on all hurdlers
haha. Yeah can't say I'll be overjoyed if she does win, will only mean another post match interview where I'm actually ashamed to be Australian.

benchmark00

haha. Yeah can't say I'll be overjoyed if she does win, will only mean another post match interview where I'm actually ashamed to be Australian.
Ridiculous opinion. Can't believe there are ****s who think like this.

benchmark00

Yeah what a dumb bitch for training her whole life and surprising herself and finish 2nd in the world on the biggest stage.