• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** The Olympics is **** Thread

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Used to be on Channel 4 around the same time as Trans-World Sport when I was a kid. Sponsored by Tilda Rice if I remember correctly. The music they had for it was virtually impossible to replicate verbally. Was a decent watch though. Better than ****e like gaelic football and aussie rules football.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll tell you one thing I do think is ****, the Olympic Torch, why does anyone give a **** about this ****?

Spark

Global Moderator
Have to admit, this is the first Olympics of my life I'm just not really looking forward to at all. Partially because of the Test series going on concurrently, partially because of the timezone and partially because our team seems a bit **** and massive overdosed on ****ery.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to admit, this is the first Olympics of my life I'm just not really looking forward to at all. Partially because of the Test series going on concurrently, partially because of the timezone and partially because our team seems a bit **** and massive overdosed on ****ery.
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, eh? :ph34r:

Seriously, I reckon you're looking at sixth or seventh in the medals at worst. Good return, IMHO.

US & China will dog it out for #1, Russia should have third, GB probz fourth, then there's France, Germany & you chaps.

Spark

Global Moderator
It's more the "overdosed on ****ery" that gets me. Was actually planning to make this post in the John Steffensen thread.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Am I right in thinking the footy starts a couple of days before the opening ceremony or did I imagine that?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's more the "overdosed on ****ery" that gets me. Was actually planning to make this post in the John Steffensen thread.
Hey look, we have Phillips Idowu, Mark Cavendish and Craig Bellamy in our team. That's like a holy trinity of ****itude.