• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** The Olympics is **** Thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
you'd look like a bit of a dick if you ran off the field every time you got dismissed

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hey look, when the IAAF brings in a 50k moonwalk or institues a minimum blood-alcohol level for the competitors, we'll talk.

Actually lots of sports would be improved if the competitors were pissed. Certainly make gymnastics more watchable.

Burgey

Olympics nowhere near as shot as Ireland.

Can say that, having been to both.

Uppercut

Preaching to the converted tbh, I don't live there anymore.

But yeah, not feeling remotely affiliated to any competing nation might take some of the edge off. It's tougher to enjoy sports, especially the simpler ones, when you can't suspend disbelief and convince yourself that the result matters.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hey look, when the IAAF brings in a 50k moonwalk or institues a minimum blood-alcohol level for the competitors, we'll talk.

Actually lots of sports would be improved if the competitors were pissed. Certainly make gymnastics more watchable.
Poor re-hash of an Eddie Izzard routine that.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Most Olympic sports are cobblers: fact. I mean, I'm pleased GB is good at yachting and all but even during the Olympics no-one's sufficiently arsed to actually watch it. It's just a question of following the news updates: "Ben Ainslie is leading the Finn class after ten rounds" then "Another gold for Bulldog Ben."

It's all about the athletics to me. & even then the walking can **** off. I mean, seriously? Is there any time in the sphere of human experience where it's more effective to walk quickly than run? A fact appreciated by the competitors who break into a trot when they think no-one's watching, which one can understand because, let's be frank, no-one is. Unless your idea of sporting excellence is a hundred or so skinny feckers waggling their arses like they've got love beads shoved up there.
:laugh:

****ing ridiculous sport

Equestrian events **** me to tears as well

Over they years, there have been many attempts to replace them with something more relevant like skateboarding but it is rejected every time because it supposedly represents the spirit of the Olympics

FMD, if that Greek bloke who ran 26.2 miles to get to Athens or wherever was on a horse walking sideways, his mates would've been ****ed

flibbertyjibber

Ha, the Equestrian events are ok for 5 minutes then they are just totally boring. I like the hockey, swimming, cycling and rowing for some reason. Always watch them and don't watch anything of those sports for 4 years. Tennis can naff off, badminton is good though, shame Gail Emms retired, she had a cracking body.

benchmark00

:laugh:

****ing ridiculous sport

Equestrian events **** me to tears as well

Over they years, there have been many attempts to replace them with something more relevant like skateboarding but it is rejected every time because it supposedly represents the spirit of the Olympics

FMD, if that Greek bloke who ran 26.2 miles to get to Athens or wherever was on a horse walking sideways, his mates would've been ****ed
Mate, if a bong smoking, dread locked punk who wears his jeans around his ankles ever wins a gold medal (which is what will happen if they introduced skateboarding into the Olympics) while I'm reduced to a nine to fiver for the rest of my days, I will not be happy.

Last edited:

Spikey

Mate, if a bong smoking, dread locked punk who wears his jeans around his ankles ever wins a gold medal (which is what will happen if they introduced skateboarding into the Olympics) while I'm reduced to a nine to fiver for the rest of my days, I will not be happy.
seems like you should stop being a **** tbh