• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** The Olympics is **** Thread

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah it's pretty reflective of the Australian culture - laugh at people for failing. Should be disappointed and shattered when these people don't succeed, not take delight and be smug when it happens. England do that ****, not Australia.

I think Lleyton Hewitt is a **** of the highest order, but I was cheering the **** on like noone else in the tennis and would've loved for him to get a gold somewhere along the way.

Ruckus

International Captain
Don't mind Lleyton. Was probably a bit of a dick early on in his career, but I get the impression he's become a lot more humble as he has aged. Still has the whole agro routine going on, and I can see if you're at the other side of the net it would piss you off to no end, but personally I quite like it. Makes for good viewing if anything. Wouldn't want all the players to be like that, but it's good to have a mix. In terms of ****s, Tomic is where it's at for me. Even mustering all of the petty nationalism inside me I find it hard to support that guy.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it hard to believe she deserves a gold medal more than Siddle or Nev tbh

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That race, post race reaction, and then interview was my highlight of the '08 Olympics. People who think it reflects poorly on her, or Australia, can go and get ****ed. Don't think I've ever seen someone so excited to win an Olympic medal of any sort, was sensational.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ruckus, Of course not. No one does. She runs in harder than Tom Slingsby though, so that's something.

Ruckus

International Captain
I thought the hot american one was in with a chance. Btw read somewhere Ennis would have qualified fastest given her heptathlon time? That's crazy why didn't she contend?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
To be honest probably has to fall not to win. She is a class above the rest now.
Reckon there are other ways to lose such as false starting, knocking over a handle, having a poor start etc. It wont be easy.

#nottakinganythingforgranted