• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predictions Thread

Flem274*

123/5
What are your calls?

Going to get my horse ones in now.

NZ for individual and team eventing medals.

Eric Lamaze to defend the showjumping gold, even without Hickstead (RIP).

Don't have a ****ing clue about the other sports yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I expect we will dominate the per head of population medal count as usual.

I'm hoping John Stephensen goes no good. **** he is. Last Olympics he had a disrupted preparation and withdrew from the individual 400m to "concentrate" on the 400m relay. This prompted an angry athletics aficionado to telephone a Sydney radio station and beat the seven second delay to say "Can someone tell that ****wit, whether it's the individual or relay, the prick still has to run 400 metres? He's a dickhead".

Was gold.

Spikey

what's wrong with dropping one event you won't win to concentrate on an event as a team you might

Spikey

not that John Stephensen isn't a ****. it just seems you could pick a better example

ripper868

International Coach
John Steffensen to be a **** is paying about $1.02

Australia to win more medal than England. "Great Britain" to win more medals than Australia.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I expect we will dominate the per head of population medal count as usual.
Jamaica to run away with the golds per head of population, maybe the medal count too... although some tiny place with one medal might win that technically.

I predict at least three swimming golds - all from the girls, our men swimmers are pretty rubbish - so that'd be our best swimming hall in over a century. If I had to name them I'd go Adlington, Payne and Gandy, with Halsall or the medley relay a chance too.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
If any of Jason and David Dunford, Julius Yego, Benson Gicharu or Elizabeth Adiege medals in any way I'll be happy. Otherwise There's always topping the usual Kenya v. Ethiopia rivalry.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Kiwis to pick up 3 gold and 6 medals in total in the rowing.

Valerie Adams to **** it up and get a bronze in the shot put.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This will be India's best Olympics in history.

Gold medal contenders are - Deepika Kumari in Women's Archery, Saina Nehwal in Women's Badminton, MC Mary Kom in Women's Boxing 51 kg, Vijender Singh in Men's Boxing 75 kg, Gagan Narang in Men's Shooting, Ronjan Sodhi in Men's Double Trap shooting, Krishna Poonia in Women's Discuss Throw, Abhinav Bindra in Men's Shooting, Sushil Kumar in Men's Wrestling (don't remember the weight category). There are outside chances of one of the new boxers, wrestlers, shooters or archers ending up with a surprise gold medal. I'm expecting at least 3 gold medals from among this lot. Luck permitting, the count may be more.

There will be other medal contenders in Mixed Doubles tennis Leander Paes and Sania Mirza; other boxing, wrestling, shooting and archery events, Women's Doubles badminton; Vikas Gowda in Men's Discuss Throw. Plus some of the gold medal contenders (in the first paragraph) will end up with silver or bronze medals.

We aren't likely to win a medal in Hockey, and anybody coming close to a medal in Table Tennis or Swimming will surprise me a lot.

Last edited: