• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which sports are you looking forwards to?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Always about the Athletics for me, but us having a footy team has earned my interest too, youth tournament or not.

Always to end to enjoy sports I'd never otherwise watch as well. Like everyone I guess.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Anything that involves sitting down, preferrably with the athletes' arses near water too. We usually clean up there.

Synchronised swimming, gymnastics and diving can **** off tho. Come back when you're a real sport.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anything that involves sitting down, preferrably with the athletes' arses near water too. We usually clean up there.

Synchronised swimming, gymnastics and diving can **** off tho. Come back when you're a real sport.
Looking forward to the soccer as well then, are ya?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Olympic football should be amateur.

Although I'm tempted to go along as Spain have a group game at Hampden. £40 for tickets a tad on the steep side though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Athletics, Field Hockey, Boxing, Wrestiling, Cycling.

Like Weightlifting too weirdly and that sport they have with Swords and white covered uniforms, whatever it is called.

They generally don't show many of these here events here though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Agree that Olympic football is pointless too. Stupid Broadcasters here waste much of the time showing it also.

morgieb

Haha I agree.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, AWTA too.

Find them boring as it is and then there is the judging element. Also, take up most of the broadcast time.

Burgey

Just goes to show, Poms do their best work sitting down, going backwards.

biased indian

International Coach
Athletics, Field Hockey, Boxing, Wrestiling, Cycling.

Like Weightlifting too weirdly and that sport they have with Swords and white covered uniforms, whatever it is called.

They generally don't show many of these here events here though.
This time olympics is on espn.so it will be worth watching.don't have to hear to those useless commentators and experts in DD

looking forward to athletics, swimming, boxing, badminton and shooting hopefully we will win some medals in that and volleyball (not beach) only time we get to see quality matches on tv

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Athletics - Mens 100, 200m especially. Looking forward to Sally Pearson in the 100m hurdles too.
Cycling - both track and road
Rowing - I also like that kayak white water slalom event
Swimming - But just the finals. In Oz, the coverage spends way too much time watching the heats and the medal presentations.
Triathlon
Basketball - I just want to watch the Dream Team and Boomers games.
Boxing -
Weightlifting - We need a Daryl Eastlake type commentating.

I'll watch any event if their is a gold medal on the line apart from:
- Equestrian Dressage with Lucinda ****ing Green as the commentator
- synchronized swimming
- mens gymnastics.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I don't mind watching some diving, actually. Probably for the same reason people watch a lot of car racing, I want to see someone crash and burn.

There's a lot of sports that I can watch half an hour of, after that it bores me. So I'm looking forward to the Olympics catering to my small attention span.

Spikey

Aquatics
Diving (8)
a bit
Swimming (34)
a bit
Synchronized swimming (2)
**** off
Water polo (2)
don't mind it tbh
Archery (4)
**** off
Athletics (47)
a bit
Badminton (5)
**** off
Basketball (2)
**** off
Boxing (13)
**** off
Canoeing
Sprint (12)
Slalom (4)
**** off the pair of you
Cycling
BMX (2)
Mountain biking (2)
Road (4)
Track (10)
yeah most of it
Equestrian
Dressage (2)
Eventing (2)
Jumping (2)
horses are people too you sick freaks **** off
Fencing (10)
**** off
Field hockey (2)
yeah some of it
Football (2)
**** off. unless beckham heroically drags england to the gold medal match
Gymnastics
Artistic (14)
Rhythmic (2)
Trampoline (2)
hahahahahhahahaha just show me the screencaps
Handball (2)
YEEEEEEEEES
Judo (14)
**** off
Modern pentathlon (2)
modern GO GET ****ED
Rowing (14)
**** off
Sailing (10)
**** off
Shooting (15)
**** off you rednecks
Table tennis (4)
**** off
Taekwondo (8)
**** off
Tennis (5)
**** off
Triathlon (2)
**** off
Volleyball
Volleyball (2)
Beach volleyball (2)
yeeeeeeeeeeeeees
Weightlifting (15)
**** off
Wrestling
Freestyle (11)
Greco-Roman (7)
**** off

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
This time olympics is on espn.so it will be worth watching.don't have to hear to those useless commentators and experts in DD

looking forward to athletics, swimming, boxing, badminton and shooting hopefully we will win some medals in that and volleyball (not beach) only time we get to see quality matches on tv
Yeah, looking forward to how ESPN - Star cover it. DD were mostly woeful in their coverage, so anything would be a improvement.