• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which sports are you looking forwards to?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Always had a lot of time for Steve Hooker, and with the battles that he's had over the past year, I wanna see what happens there. Probably be watching through my fingers though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it's a given since they never show anything that they are not winning.
They pretty much cover most things here, between pay tv and free to air.

True it is you get your constant replays of your own country's gold medals in between other events, but there are going to be about six or so channels dedicated to the Olympics here, so I think most everythign will be shown somewhere.

Our best commentators won't be there this time, unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=XKFWE1xt_x0&NR=1

The Dream: Roy and HG on Eric 'The Eel' Moussambani - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8YSKc6pgc

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hockey, Badminton, Archery, Shooting, Weightlifting, Tennis, Boxing, Wrestling, some track and field events etc..

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh I'll probably watch loads, but I'm particularly looking forward to the children killing themselves in a fight to the death in controlled environs . I can only assume that will be an event because of the amount of "let the Games Begin" headlines, and general bigging up of The Hunger Games themes.

Do you think these headline writers have actually watched the film?

Meridio

International Regular
Looking forward to hockey the most. Am going to two sessions (NZ vs Korea & Aus vs SA in the mens, plus NZ vs Aus & Netherlands vs Belgium in the women's), which should be awesome. Got a spare ticket to those men's games actually, if anyone's keen...

Other than that, mainly athletics.

benchmark00

Looking forward to hockey the most. Am going to two sessions (NZ vs Korea & Aus vs SA in the mens, plus NZ vs Aus & Netherlands vs Belgium in the women's), which should be awesome. Got a spare ticket to those men's games actually, if anyone's keen...

Other than that, mainly athletics.
Yeah hook me up ****. Will give you some microwave popcorn for the ticket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I've always enjoyed the sports in which people used to kill each other: archery, fencing and javelin. Can't wait.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Looking forward to our first gold/silver medallist being referred to as "Our ............" by our jingoistic media.

8-)

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'm looking forward to track events (sprints and middle distance), weightlifting, boxing, basketball, volleyball, anything martial arts and wrestling.

Whether my country wins medals or not doesn't really matter to me at all. I think that is the dullest part of the whole thing, it's the individual achievements that matter in most of the sports, not the country of origin. I think of the Olympics as largely an individual's competition.

Doesn't help being Australian and despising swimming btw.

_Ed_

Yeah, that was nasty.

Must admit I'm still a bit wary about watching pole vault after... that incident in Sydney.