• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Olympics 2012

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Must admit I am totally bored by all the hype it is getting on BBC already. The other day 100 days to go and it was all over the tv all day. So what, there are 100 bloody days till it starts for christs sake. It will be a letdown anyway, probably be wet and miserable and we won't win as many golds as expected (cycling and rowing apart) and it will be a total waste of money.

flibbertyjibber

Once it starts I will enjoy it, but we have had 7 years of it on the Beeb telling us all sorts of worthless information like the first brick has been put in place or the turf has been laid at the Olympic Stadium. It begins to annoy you when there is so much other more important stuff going on.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon 'The Games' was up there...but 'The Dream' was very funny. Would love to see a return for London.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They did trials for the Olympic DLR timetable earlier in the week.

London is ****ed

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
British drugs cheats who have served their bans will now be allowed to compete

Dwain Chambers the high profile name who will benefit from this of course

ripper868

International Coach
I couldn't believe it when I read about that. 26, fit as a fiddle has a heart attack and is gone. Wow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Purely speculation, but surely something has to be off? Whether it be drugs or there was a genetic health issue. Because how the **** do you die of a heart attack at 26 when you're an Olympic athlete?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Purely speculation, but surely something has to be off? Whether it be drugs or there was a genetic health issue. Because how the **** do you die of a heart attack at 26 when you're an Olympic athlete?
Stress would have to be a contributing factor you would think.

RIP. Very sad I hope he is remembered in some way during the Games.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Apparently the exercise required tears the heart and causes scarring.

Probably was some genetic thing involved there, but the training may have heightened the chance of it happening.

Alex. :(

benchmark00

Have Channel 9 started doing ads for it in Australia yet?

A guy I know is in a band which has a song which has apparently has been chosen as the song for the Olympics on channel 9. Churchy, but a solid guy nontheless.

Burgey

Ahhhhh London.

Your weather is ****; your streets are narrow and crowded; your transport system is a confusing hodge-podge of interconnecting rides on crushing buses and subways; and most of your inhabitants are gloomy and unsmiling as they go about their business.

But it's the great city of the world. a cracking joint. What great time it would be to live or visit there. Love the joint.