• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Olympics 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And the 2012 Olympics are awarded to... London!?!

Worth the billions just to see the French miserable.

Scaly piscine

I definitely think London deserved it over Paris, the French crowds in the French Open in the tennis for example are just a disgrace - players about to serve and you get a 1 minute mexican wave followed by them all applauding themselves, or the way they boo players all game.

Scaly piscine

Anyway I'm glad I don't live in London even more now... the years building up (literally) til the games will be even more chaotic.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Utterly wonderful news.

I am happy to put myself forward as CricketWeb's official reporter at the Games (what? There's no cricket? What difference does that make?)

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
luckyeddie said:
Utterly wonderful news.

I am happy to put myself forward as CricketWeb's official reporter at the Games (what? There's no cricket? What difference does that make?)
Thought people your age didn't make plans seven years in advance?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Thought people your age didn't make plans seven years in advance?
I don't make plans seven PINTS in advance (although I do like to know where the nearest necessarium and kebab house are) :p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pratyush said:
Guess who will be in London in 2012 then! :D
Jacques Chirac.

I hear he likes the food.

Something strange happened a little over half an hour ago - as though 58 million people cried out as if in triumph - only to have the word 'magnifique' suddenly change to 'merde'. You could describe it as a 'disturbance of the farce'.

Such a shame. I was wishing for Chirac's sake that the vote difference could have come down to 1 - and that being the Finnish judge changing his mind at the last minute after yesterday's faux-pas over food.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
on another note I hope this thread does last till 2012 beating the stupid amazing game thread on post count record.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Bwahaha. Post of the day.
Now look here.

Now we've let you use the staff coffee machine, that doesn't mean that you're allowed to take liberties with your old pal LE. You're supposed to protect the old and infirm from these fish-obsessed Scandinavian types.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Guess who will be in London in 2012 then! :D
The Prime Minister (whomever it may be in 7 years)?

Steven Gerrard, playing in a blue shirt?

Andrew Murray, trying unsuccesfully to win Wimbledon for the 8th time after having become the new Henman?

Me, scoring 2 tries as the mighty Saints win yet another Challenge Cup at the new Wembley?

Rikki Clarke, then known as the worst allrounder who's career has spanned over 10 years ever to play for Surrey?

Bob Smith, who lives in Notting Hill?

Nasser Hussain, still the worst commentator ever to commentate at Lords and 2nd favourite (after Hinton) for "Britain's stupidest man 2012"?

All of the above?

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
HAHAH! "You can't trust anyone who cooks as badly as the British." "The only thing England has done for European farming is mad cow."

Gotta love the french :D

Scaly piscine

Robertinho said:
HAHAH! "You can't trust anyone who cooks as badly as the British." "The only thing England has done for European farming is mad cow."

Gotta love the french :D
Yea, the land of the onion necklace and bad personal hygiene. Then there's the shops that leave meat in the open for flies to get at. Still at least now France has another foodstuff they can claim to be master of, sour grapes.