• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Olympics 2012

Langeveldt

Soutie
Interesting choice.. Having been around the Sydney facilities, I cannot imagine anything as well organized or impressive in the land that built the millenium dome, still, nice to see the French hacked off :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 2012, I will be 21, so, I'm really hoping to be there.

cpr

International Coach
Robertinho said:
HAHAH! "You can't trust anyone who cooks as badly as the British." "The only thing England has done for European farming is mad cow."

Gotta love the french :D
From the nation that's cuisine includes hacking the legs off frogs and eating them, we really should pay attention.

Yeah good for london they got the games (cant wait to see Chiracs face of thunder when a smiling blair greets him at G8!), though wondering how much of my taxes (when i get round to paying some) are going on making london so much more better (when the government refused to lend a penny, or even a word of support for Manchesters bids.... favouritsm!)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Something strange happened a little over half an hour ago - as though 58 million people cried out as if in triumph - only to have the word 'magnifique' suddenly change to 'merde'. You could describe it as a 'disturbance of the farce'.
obi wan eddie... :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anil said:
obi wan eddie... :D
Funnily enough, a pal of mine always calls me Obi Wan.

He is, however, from near Chorley - that explains everything. (Dave, if you're reading this, email me)

And no, it's not Bumble.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
cpr said:
From the nation that's cuisine includes hacking the legs off frogs and eating them, we really should pay attention.
Yeah! We want hot pot!!!! :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
steds said:
Yeah! We want hot pot!!!! :D
Hot Pot? HOT Pot? What's with the superfluous aitch? Or should that be hhhhhhaitch?

It's 'otpot - and like it!

(got chicken tikka in the microwave at the moment - yes, still at work, will be for another hour or so yet) - but I'd swap for 'otpot.

DING!!!!!!

BRB

steds

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Funnily enough, a pal of mine always calls me Obi Wan.

He is, however, from near Chorley - that explains everything. (Dave, if you're reading this, email me)
AAAARRRGHHHH!! NOT CHORLEY!!!! ****BOOO!!!****HISSS!!!!*****

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Is there going to be a new thread for this or a sub forum?

I'm really looking forward to the games. Australia will be doing very well if we finish top 5 in the medal tally. I think Britain will finish third.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is there going to be a new thread for this or a sub forum?

I'm really looking forward to the games. Australia will be doing very well if we finish top 5 in the medal tally. I think Britain will finish third.
There was a subforum for the 08 games IIRC

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2000 Games were fantastic because they were well staged and in a country that wasnt familiar to everyone

2004 Games were meh because they were a gift to a country with history but no real right or expertise to stage them

2008 Games were most of the world's introduction to China and Usain Bolt

IMO, the 2012 Games will follow the pattern and be meh

Like many people, I've been to London before and dont really see the need to pay a massive premium to stay in ****ty hotels just because the Olympics are on