• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the Olympics 2012

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
These ****ing young athletes aren't very quick.

Oh and they got the names of 'em wrong apparently, haha.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
That Sacred Flame was lit by the rays of the sun by a Greek model wearing pretend Iron Age costume on Mount Olympus ffs. And it has passed through every nation, just as it has been since Hitler's Olympics in 1936. How anyone can denigrate its holy symbolism is frankly beyond me

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can someone confirm to me what I think just happened... the Olympic cauldron was lit by a bunch of ****s noone has heard of?

_Ed_

The fact that I still enjoyed this despite TERRIBLE commentary from the Sky Sport NZ pair suggests that was a pretty ****ing good ceremony. Kudos.

It really pissed me off when the commentators started shouting excitedly as the NZ team came into view. I was really hoping to hear a cheer from the crowd when our team was announced, but the ****s drowned it out completely. FFS.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh why did you give the tosspot a piano?

And why did you have to finish the ceremony the way every bloody cheesefest since 1969 has finished? Too...much....cliche...to process...

Other than that thought it was blinding.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can someone confirm to me what I think just happened... the Olympic cauldron was lit by a bunch of ****s noone has heard of?
Confirmed, a bit disappointing really. Overall though the ceremony was good, some parts were a bit meh. Gaze commentating was quite annoying he only made comments about Basketball and I can't believe we didn't get to see Malta, the camera was on the Boomers at the time.

_Ed_

The Independent Olympic Athletes team was interesting. I've never seen that before.

Spikey

Oh God, some muppet wrapping the flag around himself as he marches in. Always be wary of people who wrap themselves in the flag. Usually they're ****s. Bet it was Nick Darcy.
We really need to find out who it was

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Korean archer, legally blind in 1 eye, sets WR - Olympics - MiamiHerald.com

Korean archer, legally blind in 1 eye, sets WR

South Korea's Im Dong-Hyun, who is legally blind in one eye, broke his own archery world record Friday during the men's ranking round at the London Olympics.

Im's score of 699 broke the previous 72-arrow record of 696 he set in May of this year.

The 26-year-old archer has bad vision in his right eye and is legally blind in his left. He said he wouldn't get too excited about the result because it's only the first round.

The Koreans broke their 216-arrow world record with 2,087 points as Kim Bubmin and Oh Jin-Hyek placed second and third -- Kim also broke Im's old individual mark.

France, China, the United States and Japan finished second through fifth in that order. Canada's Crispin Duenas placed eighth in the individual ranking round.

The last country other than South Korea to win a gold medal in the men's team competition was the U.S. in 1996.
Wow!