Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Semis and Final Thread

It's ****e like this that makes me want to go on Twatter and rip their ****ing stupid argument to shreds.

@selvecricket
    Today's match is where the narrative of 50 over cricket can beat T20. Lose early wickets like that and no chance of rebuilding. Game over.
    Retweeted by jim maxwell

Jim Maxwell who later tweets this:

the game's a lottery, no ground can curb gayle/windies hitting. 14 sixes the difference. time for more meaningful red balling

So it's a lottery, it's random. Except you can't have a crappy start and great finish, or vice versa. So it's predictable then? What is it?

I mean apart from the fact that you often see teams chase down the 50 over equivalent of 206 after being 43-6, obviously. And of course those games never drag on and on and on. Just like Pakistan didn't chase 10+ an over from 7 down against South Africa a week ago. And NZ didn't have two topsy turvy games that went down to a Super Over.

Numpties. Can't wait to not hear that Aussie imbecile on TMS.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Night-watchman duties aside, I wonder how often Cummins has come out to bat in the 8th over. Can see Aus getting bowled out in 12 overs or so, now. Good to see Gayle back on the field as well, to savour the moment perhaps, even if not really fit?
    Cummins was a middle order batsman in youth district cricket (which he's probably still played more of than anything else at this point of his career!) so it's probably happened more than you think.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Quite a sobering thought that New Zealand tied with both of the finalists, before losing on the super over.
    And you wonder why people don't take T20 seriously.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    The least loss ever felt by anyone was when India got bundled out.
    Hey I went to the Swans parade and took photos for you!

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    It's ****e like this that makes me want to go on Twatter and rip their ****ing stupid argument to shreds.

@selvecricket
    Today's match is where the narrative of 50 over cricket can beat T20. Lose early wickets like that and no chance of rebuilding. Game over.
    Retweeted by jim maxwell

Jim Maxwell who later tweets this:

the game's a lottery, no ground can curb gayle/windies hitting. 14 sixes the difference. time for more meaningful red balling

So it's a lottery, it's random. Except you can't have a crappy start and great finish, or vice versa. So it's predictable then? What is it?

I mean apart from the fact that you often see teams chase down the 50 over equivalent of 206 after being 43-6, obviously. And of course those games never drag on and on and on. Just like Pakistan didn't chase 10+ an over from 7 down against South Africa a week ago. And NZ didn't have two topsy turvy games that went down to a Super Over.

Numpties. Can't wait to not hear that Aussie imbecile on TMS.
    top rant

As an Australian fan can't really complain about how our campaign panned out, our inability to play spin was pretty brutally exposed in our last two games and we were lucky that more teams didn't bombard us with an all out spin attack earlier in the tournament, otherwise it could have been all over for us a lot earlier in the tournament.

Hopefully Bailey won't be made a scapegoat for this because that's the easiest thing to do and that is the sort of thing that has been going on in Australian cricket for sometime and all it has done is divert attention from the real problems.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Hey I went to the Swans parade and took photos for you!
    Go to the airport and throw tomatoes at these arseholes for me, then we'll talk..
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Scaly, you know they were different people sharing their opinions right?

The same idiot retweeted the first one. Media people who just brainlessly parrot myths like that should be taken out and shot.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 06-10-2012 at 04:10 AM.

the 50 over equivalent of 206 after being 43-6
    you see so much ridiculous scoring and sometimes even (6/8 off 4) bowling because it's so short, which is what makes it a lottery. The shortness means more players are less involved in the game and a weaker team has a better chance of beating a stronger.

But you never see anybody praising a run a ball ton in ODI's as being the "equivalent" of scoring a ton at any rate in a test. It's completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    T20 is not a 'lottery'. Whatever you think its still cricket, just a shorter version.
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

I think the same of angry northern scrabble players.

The thing about attacking cricket that excites me in general is that it plays to the whole risk vs. reward thing - high risk, high reward. That's what makes it entertaining. But when you have to strike at 120 simply to be doing your job, that equation is so horribly skewed that it just loses all meaning for me. I can't appreciate someone hitting three sixes in a row as an amazing application of skill in T20s, I just see someone hitting three sixes in a row. Frankly, I find the vast majority of T20s boring as bat**** nowadays. Like, they're good for two hours of mindless entertainment but then they just vanish from my memory.

Someone hit 70 off 40. Whoop-de-****ing-do. And the simple fact that I would react like that to someone hitting 70 off 40 is the reason that I simply can't take T20s seriously.

Though I didn't expect half our team to share my opinion, granted.
    Last edited by Spark; 06-10-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Anyway, go WI.

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    The thing about attacking cricket that excites me in general is that it plays to the whole risk vs. reward thing - high risk, high reward. That's what makes it entertaining. But when you have to strike at 120 simply to be doing your job, that equation is so horribly skewed that it just loses all meaning for me. I can't appreciate someone hitting three sixes in a row as an amazing application of skill in T20s, I just see someone hitting three sixes in a row. Frankly, I find the vast majority of T20s boring as bat**** nowadays. Like, they're good for two hours of mindless entertainment but then they just vanish from my memory.

Someone hit 70 off 40. Whoop-de-****ing-do. And the simple fact that I would react like that to someone hitting 70 off 40 is the reason that I simply can't take T20s seriously.
    My feelings exactly.
    The other aspect of T20 that annoys me is all the bad batting habits bought on by the need to score quickly then start to creep into Test batting.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information