• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Semis and Final Thread

mono

U19 Debutant
ah! another world championship and another final for us. Hopefully, it won't be another disappointment.

We should ball a few into gayle's rib cage early on. hopefully that'll make it uncomfortable for him

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Is Mahela a midget? Sammy never struck me as outlandishly tall and he towers over his opposite number in this pic:

stumpski

International Captain
You watching the girls Brumbers? England chasing 143, won't be easy. Could have been worse though after the start that Lanning and Healy gave Australia.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just heard the highlight of the tournament for my money. Snow's seminal 90s classic, Informer blasting out of the stereo-system. Doesn't get any better than that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is Mahela a midget? Sammy never struck me as outlandishly tall and he towers over his opposite number in this pic:

Sammy is taller than you'd think; he just crouches over when he bowls so he doesn't make full use of it. More noticeable when he's batting IMO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
You watching the girls Brumbers? England chasing 143, won't be easy. Could have been worse though after the start that Lanning and Healy gave Australia.
Wasn't, but am now. Ta for the heads up.

34/1 off 6 as I tune in. Required rate climbing then.

stumpski

International Captain
Charlie Edwards gone, attempting one big hit too many. Big blow that.

Been a while since I saw someone bowling in a cap btw.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hint of Bouf Lehmann in the action, IMHO. Quite round armed.

Hate to be that guy and reduce it to a base level, but Ms Taylor's quite the fox. :wub:

stumpski

International Captain
Heh, glad you said it first - she's like a big eyed pixie isn't she? Cute isn't the word. Charlie has 'girl next door' looks, shall we say.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ugh. That's an absolutely filthy cross bat slog from Greenway. Deserved what it got.

Think we're gone here.

stumpski

International Captain
Yeah I agree. Can't rely on the lower middle order to go at 8.7 an over - that sort of scoring rate is almost unheard of in women's cricket. And they haven't had much batting in any case.

stumpski

International Captain
There's plenty of turn here, for the men playing on this pitch later.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The thing about attacking cricket that excites me in general is that it plays to the whole risk vs. reward thing - high risk, high reward. That's what makes it entertaining. But when you have to strike at 120 simply to be doing your job, that equation is so horribly skewed that it just loses all meaning for me. I can't appreciate someone hitting three sixes in a row as an amazing application of skill in T20s, I just see someone hitting three sixes in a row. Frankly, I find the vast majority of T20s boring as bat**** nowadays. Like, they're good for two hours of mindless entertainment but then they just vanish from my memory.

Someone hit 70 off 40. Whoop-de-****ing-do. And the simple fact that I would react like that to someone hitting 70 off 40 is the reason that I simply can't take T20s seriously.
There's just as much risk/reward, it's just a different equation. The best strategy isn't to try to hit every ball for six.

If you were assessing T20 in itself instead of comparing it to tests/ODIs, none of these criticisms would make the slightest bit of sense. It's fine to not like T20s but I can see why Scaly gets wound up by some of the rationalisations for it that people pull out of their holes.

At the minute I just struggle to put up with the coverage of it. It's painfully cheesy. I'm definitely not up for voluntarily listening to David Lloyd shouting wallop.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's an odd tournament that plays the curtain raiser on finals day after the main event.