Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do we go now?

The Indians should take T20 seriously, and play accordingly. They seem completely misfit in T20- almost like they were in Tests in England and Australia lately. I'd prefer to see players good enough for T20 playing T20Is for India- and the likes of Tiwary, Harbhajan and Chawla don't count. Ideally, a completely different team for T20 is needed for India, for the next two years, but I don't mind having a few blokes not established in Tests (Rohit, Gambhir, Irfan, Mishra) being T20I regulars. Dhoni should quit T20Is for good, and concentrate on fixing his Test batting and keeping.

And get rid of Duncan Fletcher. We've had enough of failure under this has-been.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

School Boy/Girl Captain LegendaryProtea's Avatar
    Aside from Steyn, Robin Petersen, Duminy and Faf, everyone has come out of this debacle looking terrible. I don't even know where to begin.

Firstly, questions need to be asked about AB's captaincy. Very poor team selection (e.g. keeping Levi in the side for so long), poor batting orders, bowling the wrong bowlers at the wrong time etc. I don't know what part the team management had in the first two but whoever it was has to be held responsible because opening with Levi in 2 super-8 matches and batting AB at 6 is just shambolic. Also, AB's batting form has taken a nosedive since the start of the England tour and I don't really know whether he is cut out to be captain, keeper and pivotal batsman.

Secondly, I don't want to see Levi in international cricket ever again. This pathetic excuse for an opening batsman pretty much guaranteed we were one down before the match ever began, putting pressure on those coming in from virtually the first over. He needs to learn to bat properly and develop his offside play and and in the absence of noticeable improvements, his international career is effectively over.

If the team are insistent on not playing Albie Morkel then please don't replace him with Mr. I-Got-Smacked-For-32-Runs-In-An-Over. Wayne Parnell is regressing at an astonishing rate, it's actually embarrassing to witness his decline from an all-rounder of immense promise into the depths of mediocrity. If the team are insistent on playing Albie then bat him at 3 or 4 and not at 7 or 8 when he has 3 balls to make an impact. Also, if you play him then he must play as an out-and-out batsman because his bowling simply isn't international standard.

Amla and Kallis in the same side isn't working out. Both bat too slow and don't work together in the top 3. I feel Kallis was brought back for his experience and bowling ability mainly and I doubt we'll see him in T20I cricket again. Botha leaves now and we need another spinner to replace him for the 2014 T20I WC and I'm thinking Prenelan Subrayen who is a similar type of bowler.

Finally, what the hell is Behardien doing in this squad over the likes of Miller and Ingram? It's one thing if you have absolutely no talented batsmen and you're selecting the best of the worst but Miller is a gun T20 batsman with a fantastic record and to see him miss out to a limited batsman like Behardien speaks to the muddled thinking of the selectors.

All things considered, it's been a hopeless display and everyone needs to get their act together. This simply is not acceptable. I'm sure we'll continue to be there or thereabouts in ODIs and I feel we have a strong enough team to be no.1 in Tests for a considerable period of time but these types of brain-fades in major tournaments needs to be rectified quickly.

Last edited by ankitj; 02-10-2012 at 10:47 PM.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    i kinda made the joke first. beat it ****.

I thought of it first

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    i kinda made the joke first. beat it ****.
    This is better

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    No Mercy look a bit gay in the photo
    Last edited by smalishah84; 03-10-2012 at 06:13 AM.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    I still feel Dernbach should be persevered with. He's erratic but talented and is very different to anything else we have in England.
    Indeed, the rest of the bowlers went about 7 an over through the tournament whilst he was only just under 10. Bloke is ****e.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Indeed, the rest of the bowlers went about 7 an over through the tournament whilst he was only just under 10. Bloke is ****e.

zzz, i know im going against the general notion and he has been erratic... but compared to a load of bowlers england bring through he has a much higher potential peak.

Why?

He can bowl easily high eighties with a good action, gets conventional and reverse swing, and has a wealth of variations. He also has completely the right attitude. Always wanting to bowl regardless of game situation and with a passion for the game.

No doubt he was expensive but he also bowled at the start during powerplays and the last 2(out of 3) overs of the innings. More than anybody he had the toughest of the jobs during the WC

Look at the alternatives.

Chris Woakes - early 80's with no variation. easily hittable. but decent batsman although not outright hitter

James Anderson - Worse career international T20 record than Dernbach. Bowls mid 80's length balls. goes to pieces when hit.

Tim Bresnan- Another worse record than Dernbach. Bowls too many balls sliding down leg at medium pace.

So who would you replace Dernbach with?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    zzz, i know im going against the general notion and he has been erratic... but compared to a load of bowlers england bring through he has a much higher potential peak.

Why?

He can bowl easily high eighties with a good action, gets conventional and reverse swing, and has a wealth of variations. He also has completely the right attitude. Always wanting to bowl regardless of game situation and with a passion for the game.
    you know this how?

Why?

No doubt he was expensive but he also bowled at the start during powerplays and the last 2(out of 3) overs of the innings. More than anybody he had the toughest of the jobs during the WC

Look at the alternatives.

Chris Woakes - early 80's with no variation. easily hittable. but decent batsman although not outright hitter

James Anderson - Worse career international T20 record than Dernbach. Bowls mid 80's length balls. goes to pieces when hit.

Tim Bresnan- Another worse record than Dernbach. Bowls too many balls sliding down leg at medium pace.

So who would you replace Dernbach with?

You seem to be missing the point. Dernbach is ****. The only reason he has a better record is because he had a honeymoon period before everyone in international cricket worked out his slower balls. If he actually bowled properly he could be an asset, but he doesn't. He bowled one very good over against Sri Lanka and then reverted to his usual shower, spraying the ball everywhere at 70mph. Doesn't matter if he has potential or not, he's **** and so shouldn't be anywhere near the national side.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    you know this how?
    watching him play, reading stuff about him in interviews by coaches . You think he'd be bowling at the death if he didn't want to earlier in his career - generally in english cricket it's left to the overseas player or the senior player.

watching him play, reading stuff about him in interviews by coaches . You think he'd be bowling at the death if he didn't want to earlier in his career - generally in english cricket it's left to the overseas player or the senior player.
    This idea that only some players really have a passion others not as much is a narrative bull**** perpetuated by media. ****s are intl cricketers, all of them are passionate about the game otherwise they wouldn't be there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information