• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 2 Discussion - Aus, Ind, Pak and SA

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have they flown Damien Flemming home because of the grand final tomorrow and sent Mark Waugh out to replace him?

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year

gonna need something special to win from here. Need to get the 2 W's early to even have a chance.

Valer

First Class Debutant

gonna need something special to win from here. Need to get the 2 W's early to even have a chance.
Dwta, as benchy mentioned we have no depth and the pitch is hardly giving out big scores (Pak barely got 133, SA 133 ect). I'd say par or so.

chicane

State Captain
Well yes exactly, I couldn't see Pathan hitting Australia's express bowlers about. Fortunately Australia have bowled Twatto at him, and Hogg's gave him a pie.

In T20I you want someone who can carry on if they open the batting and get through the powerplay. It makes a big difference for instance when one (or both) of Australia's openers make it through to the 10th-12th over because they make what are statistically the quietest overs (7th over is the quietest, then it builds from there) into bigger overs because they can continue smacking the odd ball for 6, turning average overs into double figure overs. So you can easily gain 15-20 runs in that period over the 'average'. Whereas scoring much more than 9-10 an over at the death is difficult and requires assistance from the bowlers.

Australia should 'fear' a set batsman far more than a set player such as Pathan.
Plus, the opening pinch hitter role in T20 makes less sense IMO. Maybe one of the openers might try to bat long but the other guy is likely going to play about as aggressively as a pinch hitter anyway. You'd rather have your best batsmen up front.