• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 2 Discussion - Aus, Ind, Pak and SA

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Steyn should have been bowling already. No point saving him for the end when they are defending a modest total.

Briony

International Debutant
He then made money, spent it on gold necklaces, got into drink and..., then converted to Islam, still kept drinking and doing what he shouldn't be doing and now three years on he is going for 32 runs an over.

Parnell is someone CSA should really worry.

This has been a hammering. Aus will be hard to beat this tournament. As for South Africa. AB really isn't the answer as captain. Give up the captaincy and gloves and get back to making runs.
Watson will be hard to beat this tournament.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a dud format of the game when Cameron White scores runs against Dale Steyn

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
He then made money, spent it on gold necklaces, got into drink and..., then converted to Islam, still kept drinking and doing what he shouldn't be doing and now three years on he is going for 32 runs an over.

Parnell is someone CSA should really worry.

This has been a hammering. Aus will be hard to beat this tournament.

As for South Africa. AB really isn't the answer as captain. Give up the captaincy and gloves and get back to making runs.
Who would you replace him with?

Briony

International Debutant
He's struggled a lot lately but with the big gap between matches and the fact he didn't play in the last one meant he would have been rusty as well. Poor selection. SA's team is not much chop but they compound it with some poor selections and poor captaincy. AB's batting has been off since the English tour too.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
White looking like the player of old. Ominous sings for the rest of the world.

Not many people gave Australia a prayer before this tournament. But thy were foolish. Australia always find a way to win cricket matches.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the venue for the next ICC World Shane Watson Tournament? Do we ever get one in Australia?

uvelocity

International Coach
wattoball

but in all seriousness it's lottery cricket. could get beaten by 8 wickets in a couple of days

Heboric

International Debutant
First off congrats Australia you really hammered us. :clapping:

Secondly has Wayne Parnell got a whole stash of incriminating evidence against Protea coaches, that idiot always gets picked. I normally dont get cross when we lose, but this guy is making my blood boil

Briony

International Debutant

Secondly has Wayne Parnell got a whole stash of incriminating evidence against Protea coaches, that idiot always gets picked. I normally dont get cross when we lose, but this guy is making my blood boil
Once he was picked instead of Morkel who can at least bat if they bring him in early enough, you were stuffed. Actually ironically enough Parnell is a lot better with the bat too.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member

And Richard Levi use to pay Gary Kirsten cash, so Gary could teach Levi to bat, so they maybe a conflict of interest there.

Unless South Africa thought the only pacers they would be facing are as quick as Tim Southee or Zaheer Khan, why Levi was selected I don't know.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
White looking like the player of old. Ominous sings for the rest of the world.

Not many people gave Australia a prayer before this tournament. But thy were foolish. Australia always find a way to win cricket matches.
You mean Shane Watson finds a way. Usually the same way.