• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 2 Discussion - Aus, Ind, Pak and SA

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Farhan's a gun tbf.

He looks like the sort who'd do well batting at 4-5 in ODIs. Seems pretty good at rotating the strike and by all accounts he's got shots as well, just that we're yet to see any.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Berhardien - another one not good enough for the step up?
It was a bit of a weird pick to begin with; I think he's in the side as much for fielding as for batting. He had an excellent First Class season just gone but he's always been known as a Collingwood-like batsman who accumulates scores via nudges and nurdles square of the wicket, and his T20 record domestically is decent but far from outstanding. At 28 years old with just the one international game under his belt going into this tournamen, I just didn't get the selection really.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It was a bit of a weird pick to begin with; I think he's in the side as much for fielding as for batting. He had an excellent First Class season just gone but he's always been known as a Collingwood-like batsman who accumulates scores via nudges and nurdles square of the wicket, and his T20 record domestically is decent but far from outstanding. At 28 years old with just the one international game under his belt going into this tournamen, I just didn't get the selection really.
He was the SA T20 player of the year for 2012 averaging 60+. Probably picked based on that.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Collingwood always had the scoop/swat over the legside, however, and could play the big acceleration if you needed it. Behardien doesn't look like he's got a boundary shot - generous full-tosses notwithstanding - that you need in this form of the game. Robbie P looks much more likely batsman to connect cleanly with the ball than Berhardien: although to be fair, Robbie P is middling the pants out of everything. Time to have him opening rather than that useless bastard Levi?
He was the SA T20 player of the year for 2012 averaging 60+. Probably picked based on that.
This would be like us picking Laurie Evans...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah was just looking at it. The bloke only hit 2 fifties but just never got out, which isn't a bad thing of course, but he still struck at less than 140. Definitely had a better season last start than his overall domestic record would indicate but I still think it's fairly evident that he has no place here.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Really? Behardien rep is that when he is in the zone, he can hit boundaries at will and can hit the ball a long way.

If South Africa go out here, he will be one of the few players who will leave with some credit. Held the innings together here and against Pak.

Only chance for South Africa is if Warner and Watson are out within 4 overs. No chance defending this if both are there after 6 overs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really? Behardien rep is that when he is in the zone, he can hit boundaries at will and can hit the ball a long way.
Have read/heard pretty much the exact opposite :laugh:

Will take your word for it though; you're in a better position to find out this **** than me. :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Have read/heard pretty much the exact opposite :laugh:

Will take your word for it though; you're in a better position to find out this **** than me. :p
He isn’t a slogger from ball 1, hence the SR but he had a few innings over the past few years when he just went bat crazy in the last few overs and winning games that were lost.
Took him a long time to come through. Starred against the Australian Academy that captain Bailey was in and captained 7+ years ago, Behardien scored runs in every game and won the series for South Africa but never pushed on afterwards.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pie time. Parnell will probably bowl next and go for 30.

Need wickets. Should have gone for Robbie P. Back him.