• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 1 Discussion - Eng, WI, SL and NZ

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Thu Sep 27
13th Match, Super Eights, Group 1 - Sri Lanka v New Zealand
Pallekele International Cricket Stadium

Thu Sep 27
14th Match, Super Eights, Group 1 - England v West Indies

Sat Sep 29
17th Match, Super Eights, Group 1 - England v New Zealand

Sat Sep 29
18th Match, Super Eights, Group 1 - Sri Lanka v West Indies

Mon Oct 1
21st Match, Super Eights, Group 1 - New Zealand v West Indies

Mon Oct 1
22nd Match, Super Eights, Group 1 - Sri Lanka v England

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The group of losers then. Expecting Sri Lanka and England to finish on 2 wins and the others on 1 win. I think West Indies are over-rated and NZ are simply crap, rather than England and Sri Lanka being anything better than decent. Would be pretty depressing if any of the matches are rain affected mind.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
The group of losers are the ones who went out previous to the Super Eights, my ever pessimistic friend. Have a coke and a smile.

Speaking of which, how did it eventuate that the four sides that topped their group ended up in the same Super Eights pool? Seems outrageous.

There will rain-affected matches, it's inevitable this time of year in Sri Lanka. Someone will go out feeling aggrieved. Bowling first might be the order of the day

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sri Lanka and WI to advance. New Zealand and Egland to scrabble around for third like two bald men fighting over a comb.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah his batting is gone to the dogs - somedays I think Hira would be more useful out there. Or even Nethula.

Days of Grace

International Captain
So, which sides will turn up today?

New Zealand or LOL Lealand?

Sri Lanka or LOL Lanka?

EDIT: NZ won the toss and will bat. Guptill in. Well, that has gone right, at least.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Hmmm, Williamson is padded up, wonder if he'll open.

Edit: Nup, in for an early wicket then?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Medium pace dibbly-dobblers from both ends. You'd think that's what we'd be good at playing.

Ooof, jaffa from Matthews.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
That's going to be costly that drop, you would imagine. Surprised they only ran 2.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Malinga's having a mare in the field.

Haha, Lloyd doesn't always make me laugh (enough of the wallops), but "handful of fresh air" was a good line.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
That's it guys, trying to get to the pitch of the ball is for pussies. Prod at it from the crease.

edit: thanks for listening guize

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I have to say, while I still don't approve of his inclusion, this is not terrible from Nicol.