Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1090

Thread: **Official** Super 8 Group 1 Discussion - Eng, WI, SL and NZ

School Boy/Girl Cricketer ljinko888's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Why does Nasser think Mahela deliberately palmed the ball skywards?
    This is what happens when you over analyze

Swann playing the sort of knock that makes you wonder why he doesn't do it more often.

28 wanted from 10 balls though.

Bound to happen. Brave effort, but you can't expect two guys to make up for the rest of them

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Patel looked seriously buggered - surprised he had enough energy to swing at that.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Ball changed with five balls left and 23 needed ... only in cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Patel looked seriously buggered - surprised he had enough energy to swing at that.
    There was definitely 2 off those byes. Fitness clearly still an issue.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

So, if the Kiwi's hadn't choked would this have been good enough to see us through?

First Class Debutant Senile Sentry's Avatar
    Nothing short of a pummeling.. Bye bye England.

First Class Debutant Senile Sentry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Ball changed with five balls left and 23 needed ... only in cricket.
    teams batting have won in past from such situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Senile Sentry View Post
    teams batting have won in past from such situations.
    Not with 10 and 11 at the crease though to my knowledge.

Malinga a pretty obvious MotM - and he's not yet 30, he could carry on doing this for a few years yet.

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    So, if the Kiwi's hadn't choked would this have been good enough to see us through?
    No, it has made our loss to WI even more painful.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Must admit I don't give a toss we are out. Haven't watched a full match yet and probably won't bother now. Well done to SL and WI and thanks for knocking us out.

Too many passengers. England have beaten Afghanistan and New Zealand whilst losing comfortably to everyone else. I didn't fancy them to win but that's a pretty pathetic effort. Flower and the rest of them should take a lot of responsibility for this and the downfall of England generally. Their selections have been absolutely pathetic. They've backed the likes of Dernbach, Bopara and Kieswetter. Absolutely mind-boggling. Meanwhile they seem to have contradicted themselves with Patel - his fitness has gone backwards. Handled the KP situation horrendously. There seems to be a revolving door with most new players who they have a quick look at and they're gone, whilst others are just backed to the hilt and don't seem to need bother proving themselves at the next level down. England needs to get back to basics and have more merit-based selections and back the FC/Loins system, not take the piss out of everyone by selecting ****ing ****e like Bopara again and again and again and again and again.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

International Vice-Captain theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Too many passengers. England have beaten Afghanistan and New Zealand whilst losing comfortably to everyone else. I didn't fancy them to win but that's a pretty pathetic effort. Flower and the rest of them should take a lot of responsibility for this and the downfall of England generally. Their selections have been absolutely pathetic. They've backed the likes of Dernbach, Bopara and Kieswetter. Absolutely mind-boggling. Meanwhile they seem to have contradicted themselves with Patel - his fitness has gone backwards. Handled the KP situation horrendously. There seems to be a revolving door with most new players who they have a quick look at and they're gone, whilst others are just backed to the hilt and don't seem to need bother proving themselves at the next level down. England needs to get back to basics and have more merit-based selections and back the FC/Loins system, not take the piss out of everyone by selecting ****ing ****e like Bopara again and again and again and again and again.

Problem is Prior, Bell and Woakes will come in and everybody will remember why they were dropped in the first place. I agree that throughout the tournament the team selections and plans were inconsistent and Broad and Flower should take a load of criticisms because there was seemingly no coherant gameplan.

You talk about a revolving door for new players but Bairstow, Buttler, Kieswetter, Dernbach, Hales have all been given long runs. I really do believe that England picked the best squad that was available to them. Bopara deserved his place but then had a massive dip in form once the squad was named- not much you can do about that.

Personally I thought that it was criminal to drop Kieswetter today. To ask Bairstow to keep wicket in foreign conditions without any real practice in the short term and with his keeping being so average as it was, was unfair to bairstow. Of course none of the press were pointing out today how **** bairstow was given that they all seemed to want Kieswetter out. No-one seems to have pointed out that Bairstow has been just as **** throughout the tournament as Kieswetter. Shoulda just stuck with KW and told him to smash the ball rather than giving the gloves to a partimer for a WC QF in alien conditions.

Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast

Thread Information