• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 1 Discussion - Eng, WI, SL and NZ

Meridio

International Regular
FMD.

Seriously, SL are the only team that deserves to qualify from this group. NZ are ****, WI are ****, and England are ****. Just utterly woeful from us - we've played some of the most braindead cricket ever seen this tournament. I know it's joke cricket and all, but still.

Briony

International Debutant
FMD.

Seriously, SL are the only team that deserves to qualify from this group. NZ are ****, WI are ****, and England are ****. Just utterly woeful from us - we've played some of the most braindead cricket ever seen this tournament. I know it's joke cricket and all, but still.
Yet SL tied with the kiwis and managed to get thumped by the struggling Saffers in a seven over match. Remember all these four teams finished below their counterparts in the other group.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We finally get rid of bedwetter

Then we bring in ****ING BOPARA?

Are we now ****ing aping the South Africans with a quota system. Except we have to have a quota of ****ing useless hacks who should **** off and mope somewhere else instead of an international side.

OH AND THEN THERE'S ****ING DERNBACH.

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
Oram 6 off 9, 11 runs a over, if he had of still been injured/sick we would of won.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That's quite possibly the most ****ing ********, spastic, autistic, idiotic, moronic, AIDS-inducing, eyeball-gouging, completely ****ing STUPID way we've EVER been eliminated from a tournament and/or lost a match
:laugh:

Our performance this whole tournament has just been laughable - it's almost like the parts when they played genuinely well (and there have been quite a few) only existed purely for the purpose of seeing just how comedically we could **** up the rest and somehow lose :happy:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
FMD.

Eh, I honestly think we deserved this. The team is woefully unbalanced. I've got nothing against Nathan McCullum, but he shouldn't be coming into bat at number 7 for anyone. Oram is past it. Nicol is a joke. Dr Southee and Mr Braindead-****wit can't be relied upon. Taylor is one dimensional. Guptill is even more one dimensional. The whole team is pants. This tournament has just shown that to be the case with blinding clarity.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
From some bloke emailing cricinfo ....
"If Sri Lanka bat first, they should declare at 1-0 off 0.1 overs," "We can then get 2 off the 1st ball and then both Sri Lanka and England will qualify. Easy."

Grecian would approve.