• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Super 8 Group 1 Discussion - Eng, WI, SL and NZ

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
So what would be the best result for England? Something like New Zealand winning on the last ball?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what would be the best result for England? Something like New Zealand winning on the last ball?
Makes little difference really, unless England's match is rained off.

Would prefer West Indies to win so I don't have to worry about the possibility of finishing below New Zealand - which would be somewhat hideous. I suspect Australia would be rubbing their hands at the prospect of playing New Zealand in the semi - instead of England or even West Indies. Australia are the only team likely to be left who I think England would have a decent chance of beating.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If ever there was a time for Taylor to show that he can finish a T20 innings, this is it.

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
I make my return after a long absence to apologize for possibly cursing the Blackcaps.

At the innings break I said to my friend, that if New Zealand manage to find a way to muck it up, I wouldn't be surprised.

Sorry.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I make my return after a long absence to apologize for possibly cursing the Blackcaps.

At the innings break I said to my friend, that if New Zealand manage to find a way to muck it up, I wouldn't be surprised.

Sorry.
haha, welcome back

a more traditional jinx would be something like "Oram's got this"

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh, I'm glad for the runs, but Taylor is just ridiculously one dimensional.

That's more like it.

Meridio

International Regular
Well, we shouldn't lose from here, but it's becoming harder to win with an over to spare, which is what we should be aiming for.

Boundaries from Taylor helping matters though.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Just a ghastly over from Sammy. Taylor on strike and he proceeds to serve up 5 deliveries on middle and leg.

Howsie

International Captain
Just **** off and retire already you useless ****. He's been beyond **** this tournament.

Meridio

International Regular
Great innings by Oram. 6 (9) was exactly what we needed.

Reading the description on Cricinfo, I'm getting flashbacks to Oram LBW Muralitharan.