• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group D Discussion - Pakistan, New Zealand, Bangladesh

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Boggles the mind as to how Franklin has somehow become a semi-regular in all three forms. Has done pretty much nothing noteworthy in internationals since his revival as a "batsman".
It's no accident that Frinks' success with the bat has come the subcontinent - IPL, that ODI tour of India, even recent test series in India was less dire than most of the rest. Likes flat wickets so can use his height to hit straight, doesn't like real pace and plays spin better than most NZers. Don't back him at home against any sort of pace and movement though.

Edit: and runs for Wellington scored in Wellington mostly pretty flat pitches too

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
the journalist's asking questions on the NZ whitewash 2 years back would be holding their heads now

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Must be said Bangladesh's fielding has been ****ing terrible, particularly when there's a quick single in the offing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bah, what a way to go. Maybe a deliberate slower bouncer to give credit to the bowler, but looked there to be smacked.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Having a bouncer hit back over your head - perhaps a sign that you need to bowl a bit faster. Don't give me that modern bat bitching bull****.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
McCullum really has been quite a brilliant T20I player in his career. By far the most runs and 50+ scores in T20I history.

In fact his T20I average is better than his ODI one.