• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Group D Discussion - Pakistan, New Zealand, Bangladesh

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He probably is, and deservedly so. He's been very good for a fair while now. Shame he hasn't had the same opportunities with the bat because he's also had good success there as well - and he was becoming a better option at the death than Vettori, Oram etc.

There's still a place for Millsy. He was very good in the Windies and with those two dire drops, could have had 2-25. Don't know if he's a continued ODI option but he's still a much better T20 option than Bracewell, Milne etc.

Had no problem picking Milne, better than picking a batsman like Watling for the sake of it. If they'd been 2-3 down for not many - as they could have been if Taylor's mind wasn't wandering - Milne is the sort of guy to capitalise on that.

Bring Guptill back to open, with Nicol - who can just go off and if he gets out early, so what. McCullum, Taylor, then float from there.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yes Mills was unlucky yesterday but his effectiveness has been reducing for some time now (in ODIs too)
:huh:

Mills averages 22 in odi's in the last 18 months. Yes he played a number of matches against minnows, but even when you remove his games against Zimbabwe and Canada from the record, he still averages 28. He didn't have a good series against the saffers as I recall, but then again who amongst the team did?

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
All I'm saying is Mills has observably fallen from his peak, which was probably around 07 to 09. At that point he was the top-ranked ODI bowler in the world. Performances have not been as good since then - injury problems and I think a little less of the zip that makes him effective with the new ball. Is certainly still good enough to hold his place in the ODI side. T20 it's more debatable.

smash84

The Tiger King
pak....supposedly one of the best bowling teams of the tournament leaking the highest pp score....run out

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Has Umar Gul lost his mojo? I see him getting carted around more often these days. Just saying from patchy memory, not backed by actual facts (stats).