• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World T20 Warm Up Matches Schedule

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rob Key on Kohli:

"Argubaly the best batsman in the world at the moment"

Hamish aside, I'm not actually disagreeing as violently as I thought I would.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rob Key on Kohli:

"Argubaly the best batsman in the world at the moment"

Hamish aside, I'm not actually disagreeing as violently as I thought I would.
He's not. He may be one of the best limited overs batsmen (easy to mount a case for him), but not overall batsman, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He's not. He may be one of the best limited overs batsmen (easy to mount a case for him), but not overall batsman, not by any stretch of the imagination.
Exactly. Test cricket is the most important part of being an overall batsman and he's not done it there yet. I'd rather have a top Test batsman who's an average limited overs bat.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I agree he still has to do it consistently in the gold-standard format, but the boy does look in phenomenally good nick just now.

Played pretty much a lone hand in Oz too, from memory.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I agree he still has to do it consistently in the gold-standard format, but the boy does look in phenomenally good nick just now.

Played pretty much a lone hand in Oz too, from memory.
Came into it more the less his innings meant. Did nothing in the first two matches. Gave it away at a crucial time in the first innings of the 3rd Test. Was out last man a couple of times which means his average could have ended up higher.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, look he has Joni to fight his corner, so he doesn't need me too. I don't think he is the best batsman in world currently, but I was surprised at how little bile it raised to my throat is all.

Meanwhile, no speed gun, but my word Balaji looks slow throught the air. Why isn't Dhoni standing up?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Are they seriously going to play Rob Nicol in this tournament? I mean, given that he's played both warm-ups it seems likely, but it still beggars belief...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Can't seriously be consdering bowling Yuvraj in the tournament proper. Just spearing them in on a good length. Choicest of pies.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Are they seriously going to play Rob Nicol in this tournament? I mean, given that he's played both warm-ups it seems likely, but it still beggars belief...
Although obv can't see match, when Nicol was 13 (18) and we need 12 per over I could imagine the sort of innings he was playing - walk down wicket, slog, miss, walk down wicket, miscue to midwicket, walk down wicket, edge etc. Has obviously connected with a couple since then though.

Is he any worse at T20 than Williamson or Watling though?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
India's bowling really does look thin. Pathan bowling medium-pace gimmes too.

Assume Praveen is still broken?

Howsie

International Captain
tbf we don't exactly have many other options at this point. I'd have McCullum open with Guptill and Taylor at three because they're our only realistic chance of scoring proper quick runs. But if they want to persist with McCullum at three I'd open with Williamson and bat Franklin at five.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
An innings of staggering ineptitude from Afridi. Slogs and misses then spoons a drive down to deep extra cover.

"Whatever the situation he'll play his shots", yes Wasim, but **** me.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
cricinfo said:
14.3 Peterson to Taylor, SIX

14.2 Peterson to Taylor, SIX

13.3 M Morkel to Taylor, SIX

13.2 M Morkel to Taylor, SIX
Gutted this isn't being shown. Looking to be a cracking finish.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
tbf we don't exactly have many other options at this point. I'd have McCullum open with Guptill and Taylor at three because they're our only realistic chance of scoring proper quick runs. But if they want to persist with McCullum at three I'd open with Williamson and bat Franklin at five.
Yeah, you have a point. Ugh, couldn't Ryder just not be a fat moron? Is that too much too ask?