• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thu May 13
1st Semi-Final - England v Sri Lanka (E1 v F2)
Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Fri May 14
2nd Semi-Final - Pakistan v Australia (F1 v E2)
Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Last edited:

AaronK

State Regular
what are the odds of Pakistan beating Aus?

Ian chappell ruled the chances of Pakistan out.. but i still think that the pakistani spinners may play a crucial role..

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Pakistan can beat anyone, Pakistan scored 160 odd against this Aussie side, and if it wasnt for utterly stupid Afridi captaincy, Australia might have found themselves in a closer contest.

Lostman

State Captain
PHP:
Twenty20 World Cup 2010		   
Win Only   
Australia	5/4	England	11/4
Sri Lanka	7/2	Pakistan	5/1
Missed the favorable line movement on Pakistan. Bet Pakistan at +450 last night, and for some reason they are bigger underdogs now.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Put me down in the 'Pakistan are going to get pumped' camp. If they survive the first 6 relatively unscathed, they might put up a decent total for their spinners to bowl at though.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pakistan will get destroyed by Australia. I don't buy the "Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just pull an upset" argument. Pakistan have been VERY predictable against Aus. They predictably **** their pants each time they take the field against them. I would love to be proven wrong, and of course I'll be hoping/praying to be wrong, but I somehow doubt it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan will get destroyed by Australia. I don't buy the "Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just pull an upset" argument. Pakistan have been VERY predictable against Aus. They predictably **** their pants each time they take the field against them. I would love to be proven wrong, and of course I'll be hoping/praying to be wrong, but I somehow doubt it.
agree.
any other team I would have a hope not Australia.

Sir Alex

Banned
While still maintaining my stand that Pakistan is no way one among the top 4 teams in this tournament, it will be crowning of them as T20's Australia should they get past them, and make it 3 finals in a row. Plus if they manage a final win, it will be such a balm on their otherwise bleeding affairs, both on field, and off it, in other formats.

Surely they can't let continue Australia's domination of them like Undertaker's Wrestlemania record? Law of averages suggest they have to come good against them.

Australia all set to do a repeat of last 3 One day world cups. They might have after all turned the corner as far as this format is concerned. It's almost amusing no team has managed to quite dominate all 3 formats at the same time. India and South Africa dominate tests and their t20 teams have sucked. Australia's fall from the heights in test cricket has corresponde with their rise in t20s while they still maintain an iron grip over ODIs.

Maybe Ponting has had the last laugh when his theory about the inverse corelation between tests and t20s which was generally laughed at and ridiculed then (owing to having reference to India as an example).

I had predicted Sri Lanka to be the team of this tournament, they have still underperformed imho, but fact that TilDil appears to have shrugged of his bad form has improved their chances considerably in a format where even cameos can turn a game on its head. On this track they are as dangerous as anyone and start as favorites in my book against England.

England's story has been the most fairy tailish. They were on the edge of first sound elimination thanks to some silly duckworthless crap rule, but benefited from a timely rain interruption against Ireland. But from there it has been quite some imperious march. Their main strength is the Irish import Morgan. He is ridiculously talented and has not only glued the middle order together but also ghas become quite a finisher as well. However the loss of KP will hurt them. Their bowling is also a bit suspect on this kind of a pitch.

Burgey

Jeez I'll be filthy if any team other than us win. I mean, we've been the best team, and if you look at the win-loss percentages yada yada ****ing yada.

FMD, if it's Us v England in the final, I didn't bring my Australia ODI shirt either. Fail.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

While still maintaining my stand that Pakistan is no way one among the top 4 teams in this tournament, it will be crowning of them as T20's Australia should they get past them, and make it 3 finals in a row. Plus if they manage a final win, it will be such a balm on their otherwise bleeding affairs, both on field, and off it, in other formats.

Surely they can't let continue Australia's domination of them like Undertaker's Wrestlemania record? Law of averages suggest they have to come good against them.
Problem with the law of averages is that it doesn't specific a timeline before the push-back happens. Could be years!

Jayzamann

International Regular
Really hoping for an Australian win over Pakistan. I am quietly confident (if not a smidge complacent), but I'm also of the train of thought that anything can happen when Pakistan take the field. There might be a few surprises left.

Ideal final (in Barbados, iirc) is Aus v Eng for mine, and Tait/Nannes/Johnson take an absolute wrecking ball to that much lauded middle order. Add some spice to the summer downunder (also madly looking forward to that)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Missed the favorable line movement on Pakistan. Bet Pakistan at +450 last night, and for some reason they are bigger underdogs now.
Suspect it was because Pakistan were already in the semis so were closer to winning than SL, India and WI (who were all still in the competition at that stage)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If it wasn't for my ingrained pessimism I'd say we start as warmish favs for the semi; Malinga aside SL have the kind of seam attack that'll have our top order's eyes lighting up.

Short odds on a spinner taking the new ball for SL with Lumb opening tho.

pasag

RTDAS
Regardless of what happens I'm pretty proud of how far the Twenty20 side have come especially over the last year or so. Started to pay respect to the format and lo and behold the results have been coming. Still makes me angry it took so long for the management and coaches to get it (even more so in that domestic wise Australian Twenty20 thinking was pretty advanced), but at least it's finally filtered through in time for a genuine crack at this Championship.