Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Thu May 13
    1st Semi-Final - England v Sri Lanka (E1 v F2)
    Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Fri May 14
    2nd Semi-Final - Pakistan v Australia (F1 v E2)
    Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia
    Last edited by James; 11-05-2010 at 05:34 PM.

what are the odds of Pakistan beating Aus?

Ian chappell ruled the chances of Pakistan out.. but i still think that the pakistani spinners may play a crucial role..
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

U19 Captain
    Pakistan can beat anyone, Pakistan scored 160 odd against this Aussie side, and if it wasnt for utterly stupid Afridi captaincy, Australia might have found themselves in a closer contest.

PHP Code:
    Twenty20 World Cup 2010           
    Win Only   
    Australia    5
    /4    England    11/4
    Sri Lanka    7
    /2    Pakistan    5/
    Missed the favorable line movement on Pakistan. Bet Pakistan at +450 last night, and for some reason they are bigger underdogs now.
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    what are the odds of Pakistan beating Aus?
    Aus -225, Pak +175.

State Captain

love this guy. backing pakistan now that the kiwis are out

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Put me down in the 'Pakistan are going to get pumped' camp. If they survive the first 6 relatively unscathed, they might put up a decent total for their spinners to bowl at though.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Pakistan will get destroyed by Australia. I don't buy the "Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just pull an upset" argument. Pakistan have been VERY predictable against Aus. They predictably **** their pants each time they take the field against them. I would love to be proven wrong, and of course I'll be hoping/praying to be wrong, but I somehow doubt it.

Waiting to see how good are English batsmen against Randiv and Mendis
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    Aus -225, Pak +175.
    is that good? i never got these numbers hah lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Pakistan will get destroyed by Australia. I don't buy the "Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just pull an upset" argument. Pakistan have been VERY predictable against Aus. They predictably **** their pants each time they take the field against them. I would love to be proven wrong, and of course I'll be hoping/praying to be wrong, but I somehow doubt it.
    agree.
    any other team I would have a hope not Australia.

Banned
    While still maintaining my stand that Pakistan is no way one among the top 4 teams in this tournament, it will be crowning of them as T20's Australia should they get past them, and make it 3 finals in a row. Plus if they manage a final win, it will be such a balm on their otherwise bleeding affairs, both on field, and off it, in other formats.

Surely they can't let continue Australia's domination of them like Undertaker's Wrestlemania record? Law of averages suggest they have to come good against them.

Australia all set to do a repeat of last 3 One day world cups. They might have after all turned the corner as far as this format is concerned. It's almost amusing no team has managed to quite dominate all 3 formats at the same time. India and South Africa dominate tests and their t20 teams have sucked. Australia's fall from the heights in test cricket has corresponde with their rise in t20s while they still maintain an iron grip over ODIs.

Maybe Ponting has had the last laugh when his theory about the inverse corelation between tests and t20s which was generally laughed at and ridiculed then (owing to having reference to India as an example).

I had predicted Sri Lanka to be the team of this tournament, they have still underperformed imho, but fact that TilDil appears to have shrugged of his bad form has improved their chances considerably in a format where even cameos can turn a game on its head. On this track they are as dangerous as anyone and start as favorites in my book against England.

England's story has been the most fairy tailish. They were on the edge of first sound elimination thanks to some silly duckworthless crap rule, but benefited from a timely rain interruption against Ireland. But from there it has been quite some imperious march. Their main strength is the Irish import Morgan. He is ridiculously talented and has not only glued the middle order together but also ghas become quite a finisher as well. However the loss of KP will hurt them. Their bowling is also a bit suspect on this kind of a pitch.

Pakistan to win.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Jeez I'll be filthy if any team other than us win. I mean, we've been the best team, and if you look at the win-loss percentages yada yada ****ing yada.

FMD, if it's Us v England in the final, I didn't bring my Australia ODI shirt either. Fail.
    Last edited by Burgey; 12-05-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    We will struggle against SL, need to score 160+
    Dave Mohammed >>>> You

Page 1 of 82 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information