Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1216

Thread: Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Hehe footy puns
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    charming

This bloke is obviously related to the brain's trust that decided to send the convicts to Australia...
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Whether you'd have gone on to lose or not doesn't change the fact that you were vaaaaastly inferior for the period of the game that actually happened.
    I don't consider doing very well in one half of the game as "a mauling" to the opposition...
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Find it a bit ironic that English fans have been accusing Aussies of sour grapes wrt team make-up, and then going on to defend their loss against the Windies tooth and nail. The two games were - under the rules - won fair and square, and given that England finished the group stage with one loss and one NR, they were fairly lucky to actually move on. They obviously seized that opportunity with both hands, but they were hardly perfect throughout the whole tournament; no team was, clearly. Just accept it and move on, IMO.
    lol.. deserves to be said twice, tbf...

Who do you think was overwhelming favourite before the rain came for West Indies?

Who do you think was the favourite before the rain came against Ireland?

England on both counts. Who holds the Ashes? Who holds the T20 World Cup? England on both counts. Better luck next time.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Haha geez, sorry guys, wasn't aware that my post was an all-out criticism of the English team during this tournament. They played great cricket, romped home their semi-final and were clearly the best team on display in the final; please tell me in my post where I said that this wasn't the case. Given their performance once they got past the group stage, they clearly deserved to win the tournament.

All I was pointing out was that it had seemed that a few Aussie posters had made the (illogical) claim that the England team unfairly had a number of foreign-born players, and it was promptly pointed out that at the end of the day, England still won, 'better luck next time,' etc. Yet there were - and still are - people saying that England 'absolutely steamrolled' the West Indies, when at the end of the day, the West Indies still won. It clearly wasn't the best post, and was written at 3AM, but FMD, I was hardly saying that another team should've won the tournament.
    Last edited by andyc; 19-05-2010 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

State Captain
    Haha geez, sorry guys, wasn't aware that my post was an all-out criticism of the English team during this tournament. They played great cricket, romped home their semi-final and were clearly the best team on display in the final; please tell me in my post where I said that this wasn't the case. Given their performance once they got past the group stage, they clearly deserved to win the tournament.

All I was pointing out was that it had seemed that a few Aussie posters had made the (illogical) claim that the England team unfairly had a number of foreign-born players, and it was promptly pointed out that at the end of the day, England still won, 'better luck next time,' etc. Yet there were - and still are - people saying that England 'absolutely steamrolled' the West Indies, when at the end of the day, the West Indies still won. It clearly wasn't the best post, and was written at 3AM, but FMD, I was hardly saying that another team should've won the tournament.
    that's ok. everybody makes mistakes.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Yet there were - and still are - people saying that England 'absolutely steamrolled' the West Indies, when at the end of the day, the West Indies still won. It clearly wasn't the best post, and was written at 3AM, but FMD, I was hardly saying that another team should've won the tournament.
    No one pointed out that England steamrolled WI. Perhaps, this wasnt pointed out to people but games that are generally rained out dont count but of course because WI won by duckworth lewis people are likely to think otherwise. When I mentioned that England steamrolled all opposition, I though that it was implicitly obvious that England steamrolled all opposition in all completed international games but apparently WI dominating 2 over games counts as an international game. Yes my apologies. WI dominated England for 2 overs. My post defies all logic.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Why is this ridiculous sub-forum still open?

All this talk about some mythical tournament that never happened.

Bin it FFS.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

When a man is tired of T20 discussion, he is tired of life.......

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Kudos.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Why is this ridiculous sub-forum still open?

All this talk about some mythical tournament that never happened.

Bin it FFS.
    Might as well keep it open considering the next ****ing Twenty20 World Cup is probably only two or three months away.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBloody Idiot View Post
    Might as well keep it open considering the next ****ing Twenty20 World Cup is probably only two or three months away.
    Next one is in 2012, will be the final stage in welcoming the apocalypse.

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast

Thread Information