Cricket Player Manager
Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1216

Thread: Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Whether you'd have gone on to lose or not doesn't change the fact that you were vaaaaastly inferior for the period of the game that actually happened.
    No this is silly. Generally people felt we had actually hit a par score on that ground. Your bowlers bowled better than our batsmen batted, for sure. But you can't say one team was better than the other in a game like cricket if you've only had one innings.

I'm not trying to take away from what Ireland did - I'm really, really, not. You should be proud of being the only team to show any fight against the world champs

But I can't buy into what you are saying at all
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Find it a bit ironic that English fans have been accusing Aussies of sour grapes wrt team make-up, and then going on to defend their loss against the Windies tooth and nail. The two games were - under the rules - won fair and square, and given that England finished the group stage with one loss and one NR, they were fairly lucky to actually move on. They obviously seized that opportunity with both hands, but they were hardly perfect throughout the whole tournament; no team was, clearly. Just accept it and move on, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    West Indies and Ireland beg to differ.
    Shame we got our poor display out of the way early instead of bottling it in the final then isn't it.Convicts are losers once more.

charming
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Find it a bit ironic that English fans have been accusing Aussies of sour grapes wrt team make-up, and then going on to defend their loss against the Windies tooth and nail. The two games were - under the rules - won fair and square, and given that England finished the group stage with one loss and one NR, they were fairly lucky to actually move on. They obviously seized that opportunity with both hands, but they were hardly perfect throughout the whole tournament; no team was, clearly. Just accept it and move on, IMO.
    Not sure they're parrallel tbh. If you want to criticise eligibility rules and qualification periods thanby all means do so. The sour grapes is for criticising us for picking these players when they're available for us to select.
    The DL issue is that we were shafted by DL. If were criticising the WI and saying they were diabolical and what not then fair enough, call us for sour grapes.
    I don't see any issue in saying England batted exceptionally well against the WI only for rain and D/L to swing the game, disproportionately in favour of the WI.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Find it fairly ironic that Aussies keep bringing up the West Indies game having been thrashed in the final by a better side.Just accept it and move on.

Why can't we be friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Pretty much everyone agreed at the time of the Windies game that it was a farce so it's just pointless that it keeps getting brought up now

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    No this is silly. Generally people felt we had actually hit a par score on that ground. Your bowlers bowled better than our batsmen batted, for sure. But you can't say one team was better than the other in a game like cricket if you've only had one innings.

I'm not trying to take away from what Ireland did - I'm really, really, not. You should be proud of being the only team to show any fight against the world champs

But I can't buy into what you are saying at all
    That's not even remotely true. Collingwood said the complete opposite after the game. If your point is that 120 wasn't as bad a score as it might have looked then you're right, but it was still well below par. Besides, the pitch looked perfectly fine when Irish players were batting on it .

Everything else is speculation, but that's just a lie. Why don't you look through the thread at the time and see how many English fans were saying, "yeah, think we got about par there"?
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Why can't we be friends?
    There goes the myth its all Australian fans vs. Indian fans which is causing CW's problems
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    That's not even remotely true. Collingwood said the complete opposite after the game. If your point is that 120 wasn't as bad a score as it might have looked then you're right, but it was still well below par. Besides, the pitch looked perfectly fine when Irish players were batting on it .

Everything else is speculation, but that's just a lie. Why don't you look through the thread at the time and see how many English fans were saying, "yeah, think we got about par there"?
    Okay, I take your point, it wasn't par, what I should have said is that people generally felt we had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by From Cricinfo
    Collingwood: On a par with Ashes
    Oh my.....

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Oh my.....
    Bear in mind Collingwood has done something unique - captained an England side to victory in a World Cup.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Bear in mind Collingwood has done something unique - captained an England side to victory in a World Cup.
    Just not used to seeing Collingwood win anything of significance.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Just not used to seeing Collingwood win anything of significance.

Thread Information