• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Find it a bit ironic that English fans have been accusing Aussies of sour grapes wrt team make-up, and then going on to defend their loss against the Windies tooth and nail. The two games were - under the rules - won fair and square, and given that England finished the group stage with one loss and one NR, they were fairly lucky to actually move on. They obviously seized that opportunity with both hands, but they were hardly perfect throughout the whole tournament; no team was, clearly. Just accept it and move on, IMO.
lol.. deserves to be said twice, tbf...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who do you think was overwhelming favourite before the rain came for West Indies?

Who do you think was the favourite before the rain came against Ireland?

England on both counts. Who holds the Ashes? Who holds the T20 World Cup? England on both counts. Better luck next time.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha geez, sorry guys, wasn't aware that my post was an all-out criticism of the English team during this tournament. They played great cricket, romped home their semi-final and were clearly the best team on display in the final; please tell me in my post where I said that this wasn't the case. Given their performance once they got past the group stage, they clearly deserved to win the tournament.

All I was pointing out was that it had seemed that a few Aussie posters had made the (illogical) claim that the England team unfairly had a number of foreign-born players, and it was promptly pointed out that at the end of the day, England still won, 'better luck next time,' etc. Yet there were - and still are - people saying that England 'absolutely steamrolled' the West Indies, when at the end of the day, the West Indies still won. It clearly wasn't the best post, and was written at 3AM, but FMD, I was hardly saying that another team should've won the tournament.

Last edited:

DingDong

State Captain
Haha geez, sorry guys, wasn't aware that my post was an all-out criticism of the English team during this tournament. They played great cricket, romped home their semi-final and were clearly the best team on display in the final; please tell me in my post where I said that this wasn't the case. Given their performance once they got past the group stage, they clearly deserved to win the tournament.

All I was pointing out was that it had seemed that a few Aussie posters had made the (illogical) claim that the England team unfairly had a number of foreign-born players, and it was promptly pointed out that at the end of the day, England still won, 'better luck next time,' etc. Yet there were - and still are - people saying that England 'absolutely steamrolled' the West Indies, when at the end of the day, the West Indies still won. It clearly wasn't the best post, and was written at 3AM, but FMD, I was hardly saying that another team should've won the tournament.
that's ok. everybody makes mistakes.

tooextracool

International Coach
Yet there were - and still are - people saying that England 'absolutely steamrolled' the West Indies, when at the end of the day, the West Indies still won. It clearly wasn't the best post, and was written at 3AM, but FMD, I was hardly saying that another team should've won the tournament.
No one pointed out that England steamrolled WI. Perhaps, this wasnt pointed out to people but games that are generally rained out dont count but of course because WI won by duckworth lewis people are likely to think otherwise. When I mentioned that England steamrolled all opposition, I though that it was implicitly obvious that England steamrolled all opposition in all completed international games but apparently WI dominating 2 over games counts as an international game. Yes my apologies. WI dominated England for 2 overs. My post defies all logic.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why is this ridiculous sub-forum still open?

All this talk about some mythical tournament that never happened.

Bin it FFS.