• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Glad to see you had a good time at the pub.

Doesn't change the fact you were prettyy annoying in this thread though.

And the result of this match clearly was important to a few in this thread.
And Oz getting rolled was exactly as I predicted weeks ago, so I'm not disappointed

If you dont pick your best players, you won't win - simple as

Sir Alex

Banned
TBH I doubt more than 4 or 5 from each team today will play. England: KP, Colly, Swanneh & Broad; Oz: Watto, Clarke, Haddin, Huss snr, Johnson.
Still the core is intact right? The guys will be carrying a bit of grudge which is so nice for such a rivalry. IIRC, in 2005, a similar English T20 win started off what culminated in the best Ashes I've ever watched.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeahh, so pleased we won this. Don't give a crap about whether it's T20, it's a World Cup and we played awesome cricket and beat Australia.

ret

International Debutant
With its win over Aus, Eng becomes the 7th team to hold some kind of a WC title. Let's see how the teams stand wrt world titles:

Code:
Team	Test #1 	ODI WC	T20 WC
Aus	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes	Yes[/COLOR]	No
Eng	No	No 	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes[/COLOR]
Ind	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes	Yes	Yes[/COLOR]
NZ	No	No 	No
Pak	No	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes	Yes[/COLOR]
SL	No	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes[/COLOR]	No
SA	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes[/COLOR]	No 	No
WI	No	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes[/COLOR]	No
NZ needs to open its account .... while Ind is the only one to have all 3 at some point under its belt

Sir Alex

Banned
With its win over Aus, Eng becomes the 7th team to hold some kind of a WC title. Let's see how the teams stand wrt world titles:

Code:
Team	Test #1 	ODI WC	T20 WC
Aus	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes	Yes[/COLOR]	No
Eng	No	No 	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes[/COLOR]
Ind	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes	Yes	Yes[/COLOR]
NZ	No	No 	No
Pak	No	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes	Yes[/COLOR]
SL	No	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes[/COLOR]	No
SA	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes[/COLOR]	No 	No
WI	No	[COLOR="Navy"]Yes[/COLOR]	No
NZ needs to open its account .... while Ind is the only one to have all 3 at some point under its belt
Yay we tuh greytusht allround team!

Life on Limbrick

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Dame Edna Everage, Mick Dundee, Mark Bosnich, Nicole Kidman, Rolf Harris, Joe Mangle, Galarrwuy Yunupingu, Steve Irwin, Bouncer, Kevin Bloody Wilson, Jason Donovan and John Farnham, your boys took one hell of a beating!

Good to see Ravbop at the forefront of the celebrations!

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watto has been pus this tournament.
Yeah he has. Having him as the 5th bowling option and not giving Duss a go was just, well....... Batting Clarke and Haddin next to each other in the order was a bit ordinary too.

That said, England were just too good. The Aussies have two systemic problems (Clarke and lack of back-up for Nannes/Tait with the ball) and England played accordingly. Reckon they really should be happy with this win, good contributions from all their key players.

Massive psychological boost for the Ashes, don't buy that the players won't care because it's hit-and-giggle. Really isn't any more and they'd have been going hard to win. Big, big signs from Smith that he's landing them well too. Getting excellent drift, drop and turn and that's reflected in not just how many wickets he's taken in this tournament but how he's gotten them. If Hauritz doesn't bowl the house down against Pakistan, his Test career is over I reckon.

TBH I doubt more than 4 or 5 from each team today will play. England: KP, Colly, Swanneh & Broad; Oz: Watto, Clarke, Haddin, Huss snr, Johnson.
Smith. And he'll own at least one Test. :ph34r:

Last edited: