• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Reeeeally don't think Clarke's innings was that bad.

I know he's an easy target when it comes to 20/20 but if you want to blame someone for the lack of momentum in the first 10 overs, you can blame the three wickets and Dussey more than Clarke. 27 at a run a ball when the team run rate was 4 and three early wickets fell is acceptable, and if David Hussey had done that and then kicked on it would have been an excellent innings, instead of taking 40 odd balls to reach the same score.

Who knows what we'd have finished with if he hadn't come in.

Anyway, slightly below par, England should win. Never know with Australia in a final though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reeeeally don't think Clarke's innings was that bad.

I know he's an easy target when it comes to 20/20 but if you want to blame someone for the lack of momentum in the first 10 overs, you can blame the three wickets and Dussey more than Clarke. 27 at a run a ball when the team run rate was 4 and three early wickets fell is acceptable, and if David Hussey had done that and then kicked on it would have been an excellent innings, instead of taking 40 odd balls to reach the same score.

Who knows what we'd have finished with if he hadn't come in.

Anyway, slightly below par, England should win. Never know with Australia in a final though.
One of which was Clarke's fault...

Anyway, computer away, beer open, see y'all in an hour and a half, come on boys

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly don't think I've ever been more frustrated as an Aussie fan as when watching Clarke and especially Dussey knock the ball around for 4 an over. Think I drove off all the other three people watching it in the common room just with my swearing. Seriously though, it does look a bit silly when those two shared such a circumspect partnership for so long, and then players like Smith and Johnson who can hit a ball hardly got a bat. Them batting slow for a few overs is understandable, but not for as long as they did.

Still, game on I suppose. Batsmen have done their job, etc etc. Let's see how this goes.

King Pietersen

International Captain
TalkSport’s 'live' coverage is laughably bad. Irani and Goughy are ********.
You actually listening to it? If so, I feel bad for you. Ronnie Irani is the most irritating 'pundit' in sport.

These 2 need to stick with their attacking intent. No point just trying to play out a couple of overs. Get into 'em early.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly don't think I've ever been more frustrated as an Aussie fan as when watching Clarke and especially Dussey knock the ball around for 4 an over. Think I drove off all the other three people watching it in the common room just with my swearing. Seriously though, it does look a bit silly when those two shared such a circumspect partnership for so long, and then players like Smith and Johnson who can hit a ball hardly got a bat. Them batting slow for a few overs is understandable, but not for as long as they did.

Still, game on I suppose. Batsmen have done their job, etc etc. Let's see how this goes.
Agree. If Clarke got out first ball every time it would probably help us more.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, still doesn't make his innings a terrible one IMO.
You're just refusing to appreciate that T20 is different from ODIs.

And Dave Hussey went on with his score. Sure didn't go huge, but whenClarke falls, if White doesn't do what he does, Aust lose! Dave's score wasn't great, but comnsdiering he didn't run someone out, nor force himself to come in at 3 when he shouldn't, I'd say Clarke's was far worse.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
You actually listening to it? If so, I feel bad for you. Ronnie Irani is the most irritating 'pundit' in sport.

These 2 need to stick with their attacking intent. No point just trying to play out a couple of overs. Get into 'em early.
Just for a laugh. Put TMS on now. Irani's co-commentator in London is a brummie who performs in a Kiss tribute act...