• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Sir Alex

Banned
well India are number 1 test team so i don't know how this makes sense.They had 2 bad tourneys with a young team I don't know why there is mo much over reaction.
The present generation is largely unfocussed mate. That has been exposed second time running now.

Test team has stalwarts like Sachin, Dravid, Laxman who know the value of Indian cap. Let them go and we'll see a free fall as far as team's fortunes are concerned thanks to our selectors caught up in the glitter of so called rock stars.

Look at Yuvraj Singh, he has gained so much weight, is ungainly and has become a pain for any team that has him. He is good at only two things these days, party and sulk.

These are senior guys who ought to set standard for the youngsters. How can you expect them to be any different?

I have more respect for someone like Afridi in this regard. Yes, he is a cheat. He is an idiot. But nobody can blame for underperforming while playing for Pakistan.

I will be cheering for Pakistan in this tournament. Yes, I still believe they aren't one among the top 4 teams, but now that they've made it, they got to win it. That ought to shut up many critics including yours truly. :-)

Fusion

Global Moderator
There are very few Indian posters on this board who have a go or make fun of the Pakistan team, or want them to fail.

Compare that to back in 2005 and 2006, when it was just hell on earth. The Indian vs. Pakistani wars were unbearable.
Completely AWTA.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's just not that funny though. Granted it's late here, but if I came on and took the piss out of how some Indian cricketers spoke there'd (rightly) be a fair amount of indignation.

Can't believe how bitter some people are that Pakistan have made the semis. Honestly, just get over it. Your team played like crap mate, not winning the games they had to. Just like Australia played crap last year.

It's not about how many games you win, per se. It's about winning games when you need to. Every team knew that when they came into the tourney. Pakistan might be lucky to have done so at the right time, with results in their pool going their way, but India had the chance to put such factors out of the equation in their own group, and they didn't.
How dare you

We wuz robbed, I tells ya

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think the SL ENG game could go either way. If NZ can beat SL then certainly England can. But SL have too many stars to be written off. All these quotes from cricinfo like "England's best chance to win a global tournament' are premature. Let them make the final first.

I have place the princely sum of $5 on SL.

Stapel

International Regular
I still think that when any top 8 T20 team playing another, the odds are never outside 60-40. Therefor, any team has a reasonable chance to advance to the final and winning it.

Aus seem to have the in-form team, but so does England. And though I don't think Pakistan have shown great form, they haven't been piss poor either. Tonked by Watson and DHussey in the first group, but the the games vs NZ and Eng went down the drain just marginally.

Still, Aus favourites, I guess.

ret

International Debutant
Post deleted ret. It may be an "attempt at humour" but it would only serve to create tension/angst among certain members and ultimately take the thread down a track it doesn't need to go.
It doesn't matter if you deleted it. No big deal.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Wont be too bad for me, will have to listen/watch the first half hour on the net then listen to R4LW on the way home, should get home for the conclusion of the first innings and the whole of the second one

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll get home about 5.45 so yeah should catch the end of the first dig.

If we bat first, that is. If we bowl first, I'll miss the whole game as it won't take long to chase 13.

ret

International Debutant
@Clapo

thanx for deleting the post.. after reading what ret post.. i was going to say something since i felt like some bitter indian taking a shot at Pakistan.. but i let it goo.. thinking that i maybe overreacting to the post..
It's hard for me to think that you would think something else .... I guess if an alien had written something in good humor, you would have taken it in good humor 8-)

But can't find fault with you, I had an Aus telling me how would I feel if he had made fun of Indian accent. What he didn't realize was that the sub-continent accent is more or less the same and ofc ppl make fun of OZ accent as well so it's not like I am going to be offended. In fact I am likely to tell him to speak in Canadian English :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agreed. Games start so late its not even funny. I guess the Aussies are in the same boat.
Been absolutely ****house. Haven't had a chance to watch a full game yet. Hopefully the final will be at a decent time (if we make it), but not holding my breath.