• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Australia will have to play much better against England though, because apart from my beloved Windies beating them (again :p ) they've been very impressive, and i hope they win it to be honest.
Don't you mean your beloved D/L for beating them again? :ph34r:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope this loss will be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. They would do well to stop this obsession with t20s and start mending their team in test cricket. If they manage half a decent team, with their vibrance and sheer talent (i'd kill for some one like Aamer to be on our side) will take them to the heights once again. It will hurt, it will take time, but it can be done. Pakistan instead of trying to pin the blame on individuals, should realise where their core problems lie.

A strong captain with come-what-may-we'll-support-you Board can definitely do it.
This assessment about Pakistan cricket has been made by many before..for the last 20 years..It hasnt changed. Dont think it will any time soon..and this loss will not change anything. If defeats after defeats in test series has not changed anything, what will a match like this, in which even a harsh critic of the Pakistan team like me has to admit that they played well for most part of the game, change?

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Michael Hussey. :eek: What a performance that was, puts him firmly into Bevan territory if he wasn't there already. Awesome.

pasag

RTDAS
Well done on Pak scoring 250.
And yeah.

Some people were posting real nonsense last night. One poster in particular, this whole tournament has been dire whenever it comes to posting about Aus (unbeaten ftr, ****). What say you now?

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Hussey is a simply extraordinary limited overs player....arguably the best of his time. Don't know if he will ever truly get the credit he deserves.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Incredible stuff! Went to bed thinking we'd have problems chasing down the total (even though Clarke had just hit a 4 off his second ball - thought he was going nuts out there), and woke up to see this result.

Will have to wait patiently by the TV for the news now to see the highlights.

masterblaster

International Captain
I just finished watching the game and what a game it was. Michael Hussey is an absolute legend and Australia thoroughly deserve their victory. The look on Shahid Afridi's face was priceless and really told the story. Pakistan couldn't do much more than they did and it was a legendary performance by Michael Hussey that got them through.

That's the key difference between an Australia or an India or Pakistan. Australia always has somebody that stands up during a crisis. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the other sides. This sets up an awesome final and I really hope England put up a good performance against Australia. Two undefeated sides going at it in the final is the best possible result for this tournament.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Michael Hussey. :eek: What a performance that was, puts him firmly into Bevan territory if he wasn't there already. Awesome.
Always thought he was a better ODI player than Bevan, esp. in those situations. Doubt Bevan would have managed an innings of striking like that.

**** me, the story of Pakistan cricket from the past 3 years would make an EPIC movie.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh agree too. Also agree with the bloke saying he is in the Bevan category. He is, but is probably a better player and hopefully he'll get the chance to showcase it. He can bat with the tail and nick singles and chase - a la Bevan - or do what he did today. Not saying Bevan couldn't hit out, but I am not sure he'd be capable of this. Amazing...simply amazing.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
A movie of recent Pakistan cricket history, compared to their proud tradition, would be like the prequel Star Wars movies after the original trilogy.

Briony

International Debutant
While some of the bowling and tactics were poor, it was still a very good effort from Hussey who struggles to score quickly of late in test cricket. Just shows you that the Aussies have the gene for winning while cricketers from SA and Pakistan lack that steel in a crisis.

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
While some of the bowling and tactics were poor, it was still a very good effort from Hussey who struggles to score quickly of late in test cricket. Just shows you that the Aussies have the gene for winning while cricketers from SA and Pakistan lack that steel in a crisis.
And every other nation as Australia are the only team who have an outstanding tournament win record.