• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Daryl Harper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Haha, gutted England.

Were relying on Pakistan to do their dirty work for them and enable them to steal the tournament without facing the best team and initially squeeking through after losing to WI and what should have been Ire too.

Not gonna happen tho now :laugh:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Be glad Pakistan atleast got here. Never deserved in the first place.

Credit to them for running Aus this close.

11-0. Might as well give the walkover next time they meet.

Such a Shame they have lost it completely against that team.

Sir Alex announces his unconditional allegiance to her majesty's mighty team in the finals.

Go Eng go!!

The combined might of Eng, SA, Ireland vs Eng-has beens.

Bring it on!

Jesus, give it a rest will you.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Shahid Afridi,
I know Saqlain Mushtaq was your best friend, and Saeed Ajmal's bowling style kind of resembles Saqlain's but he is no Saqlain Mushtaq who will win you the match with a brilliant last over. No one..not even Murali or Warne were ever trusted with the last over..

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah I agree that it's always risky bowling a spinner in the last over no matter how good he is. An in-form batsman who plays spin well and throws caution to the winds will always have a chance of hitting the ball for a six. Much more difficult to do that off a 85 mph ball bowled right in the blockhole.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Abdul Razzaq would have been a better bowling option for the last over.
Haha the thing is...its very easy to say that now..Razzaq went for 11 an over..

My only issue is..Aamer should have bowled the 20th and Ajmal should have bowled the 19th.
When you require 20 runs of the last over..you wont care..you will go for it..and its easier to connect doing that against a spinner than against a pacer unless the spinner is Saqlain.
Ajmal is no Saqlain..Afridi made a blunder there.

AaronK

State Regular
Haha, gutted England.

Were relying on Pakistan to do their dirty work for them and enable them to steal the tournament without facing the best team and initially squeeking through after losing to WI and what should have been Ire too.

Not gonna happen tho now :laugh:
haha lol but i still support england and i think they have a better chance of beating Aus than pakistan will ever have... i think at the end Chappell was right.. Pakistan was in so much pressure thinking about all those loses during the summer..they were thinking what they have to do to beat Aus..

Shahid Afridi,
I know Saqlain Mushtaq was your best friend, and Saeed Ajmal's bowling style kind of resembles Saqlain he is not no Saqlain Mushtaq who will win you the match with a brilliant last over. No one..not even Murali or Warne were ever trusted with the last over..
ya but Ajmal was pakistan's best bowler through out the tournment.. so the decision was logical.. i don't think razzaq would have been a better option anyways with the way he has been bowling lately..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Australia-England would be a great final..two of the best teams in the tournament..although I am not sure if England are mentally strong enough to give their best against Australia in a final.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia should be looking forward to getting out of St Lucia to the faster track in Barbados

Stapel

International Regular
Couldn't have hoped for a more dramatic mathc from a neutral pov. Or......, could I? I kinda wished that Mussey would be bowled on that last ball, so that we could see either Tait or Nannes bat.....

Poor tactics giving the last over to Ajmal....

ret

International Debutant
Brilliant performance by Australia. White and Hussey got them home in style. I wasn't sure whom to support for the final but with a performance like this one, I am going to support them!

I was in a meeting when the game was going on but I had my laptop open with cricinfo. And following Hussey's performance was just great. If I recall correctly, they needed 18 runs of the last over. And I was like if a spinner bowls, Australia will win this (3 6s). Then I saw Ajmal's name, and then I didn't even bother to look at the card again (till now) knowing that Australia would go through!

For Pak, they got pawned again for the upteenth time (it's not even a joke anymore). I don't see too many teams losing this one (yes against Aus too) after scoring 190 odd but it was Pak. The saying is Pak can win on its day but those days are getting fewer and fewer. Now it's more like Pak can make you win. An entry to the final, would have given its fans a lot to cheer about esp knowing cricket is one of things that cheers up the God forsaken country.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah Australia-England would be a great final..two of the best teams in the world..although I am not sure if England are mentally strong enough to give their best against Australia in a final.
Not so sure about that, Kieswetter, Lumb , Pietersen and Morgan all strike me as being mentally tough

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Brilliant performance by Australia. White and Hussey got them home in style. I wasn't sure whom to support for the final but with a performance like this one, I am going to support them!

I was in a meeting when the game was going on but I had my laptop open with cricinfo. And following Hussey's performance was just great. If I recall correctly, they needed 18 runs of the last over. And I was like if a spinner bowls, Australia will win this (3 6s). Then I saw Ajmal's name, and then I didn't even bother to look at the card again (till now) knowing that Australia would go through!

For Pak, they got pawned again for the upteenth time (it's not even a joke anymore). I don't see too many teams losing this one (yes against Aus too) after scoring 190 odd but it was Pak. The saying is Pak can win on its day but those days are getting fewer and fewer. Now it's more like Pak can make you win. An entry to the final, would have given its fans a lot to cheer about esp knowing cricket is one of things that cheers up the God forsaken country.
And after today's game, i don't think i would disagree at all.........Pak is becoming **** team now....they just find ways to lose the game....i don't have words...simply don't

treamcast34

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
11 from 4. Australia would be so screwed without Mike Hussey.

5 from 3 :O. This is incredible stuff.
And we would struggle to beat the majority of sides without our imports - Pietersen, Strauss, Morgan, Trott et al.

It pains the hell out of me to say this, but seeing the Aussies produce such absurd performances consistently like this...they are amazing. We like to think that we are a worthy sporting adversary to them with an occasional Ashes win, or getting over the line in an Olympics medal count, but we are fooling ourselves if we think we compare to them. We never see England produce anything like what was displayed tonight, in any sport. But them, they ****ing expect it. They believe it'll happen, and it does with irritating regularity. :wallbash:

You've got to take your hat off to them, I'm sorry, but you do.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
And we would struggle to beat the majority of sides without our imports - Pietersen, Strauss, Morgan, Trott et al.

It pains the hell out of me to say this, but seeing the Aussies produce such absurd performances consistently like this...they are amazing. We like to think that we are a worthy sporting adversary to them with an occasional Ashes win, or getting over the line in an Olympics medal count, but we are fooling ourselves if we think we compare to them. We never see England produce anything like what was displayed tonight, in any sport. Yet them, they ****ing expect it. They believe it'll happen. :wallbash:

You've got to take your hat off to them, I'm sorry, but you do.
This guy. This guy right here.

treamcast34

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We get the dream final we wanted though! Hoping for a cracker, good test for our openers against their quicks on a bouncy surface.