Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals/Final - Australia, Sri Lanka, England and Pakistan

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    While still maintaining my stand that Pakistan is no way one among the top 4 teams in this tournament, it will be crowning of them as T20's Australia should they get past them, and make it 3 finals in a row. Plus if they manage a final win, it will be such a balm on their otherwise bleeding affairs, both on field, and off it, in other formats.

Surely they can't let continue Australia's domination of them like Undertaker's Wrestlemania record? Law of averages suggest they have to come good against them.
    Problem with the law of averages is that it doesn't specific a timeline before the push-back happens. Could be years!
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Really hoping for an Australian win over Pakistan. I am quietly confident (if not a smidge complacent), but I'm also of the train of thought that anything can happen when Pakistan take the field. There might be a few surprises left.

Ideal final (in Barbados, iirc) is Aus v Eng for mine, and Tait/Nannes/Johnson take an absolute wrecking ball to that much lauded middle order. Add some spice to the summer downunder (also madly looking forward to that)

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostman View Post
    Missed the favorable line movement on Pakistan. Bet Pakistan at +450 last night, and for some reason they are bigger underdogs now.
    Suspect it was because Pakistan were already in the semis so were closer to winning than SL, India and WI (who were all still in the competition at that stage)
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    If it wasn't for my ingrained pessimism I'd say we start as warmish favs for the semi; Malinga aside SL have the kind of seam attack that'll have our top order's eyes lighting up.

Short odds on a spinner taking the new ball for SL with Lumb opening tho.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

Regardless of what happens I'm pretty proud of how far the Twenty20 side have come especially over the last year or so. Started to pay respect to the format and lo and behold the results have been coming. Still makes me angry it took so long for the management and coaches to get it (even more so in that domestic wise Australian Twenty20 thinking was pretty advanced), but at least it's finally filtered through in time for a genuine crack at this Championship.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

for the last 4 world championships side that has knocked SA has won the tourney.We are going all the way baybee

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Guaranteed England win then.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    We will romp home. There is nobody in our league here, give us the trophy now IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

U19 Captain
    Pakistan can beat Australia

First of all the game wont be played on the pacy and bouncy barbados track
    secondly Pakistan did manage 160 against Australia last time, the only problem was that Afridis stupid captaincy meant Australia smashed around hafeez and Sami which wont be bowling much in the Semis if at all.
    thirdly, Pakistan is a completely different beast in this situation.

Anyone can win, but teams best be very very careful with Pak at this time. Umar Akmal and Afridi have caught some form, smashed some big sixes last game.

I think this Sri Lankan team have it in them to go all the way. The whole batting lineup got a decent look in against India and if Mahela can keep it going as well, we definitely have a chance.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Jeez am i the only believer in Afridi's boys here?

Enough is enough Australia....

The stage is set and the wind is blowing in favor of Pakistan. I can feel it. I don't care if Pak wins the WC it would be nice to win it however. But beating Australia in Semis is going to be the best treat.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Pakistan will get destroyed by Australia. I don't buy the "Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just pull an upset" argument. Pakistan have been VERY predictable against Aus. They predictably **** their pants each time they take the field against them. I would love to be proven wrong, and of course I'll be hoping/praying to be wrong, but I somehow doubt it.
    I don't know, Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just steal the trophy before the semi even starts.
    RIP Craigos

GGG
    Gotta say England v Aussie final, which I hope for as like I said previously, the only 2 teams that have a chance against Aussie are England and NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I don't know, Pakistan are so unpredictable that they might just steal the trophy before the semi even starts.
    Now that would be entertainment!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    All the arguments in favour of Pakistan also work for OZ. The bowling has done well all tournament but the batting, a few key players aside, hasn't really hit its straps yet either.

Like I said, Pakistan off to a good start and its game on. If they lose 4 in their first 6, game over.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information