• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F (Super 8) - Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion around Group F (Super 8) involving Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

Schedule

Fri May 7
Australia v India
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Fri May 7
West Indies v Sri Lanka

Sun May 9
West Indies v India

Sun May 9
Australia v Sri Lanka

Tue May 11
India v Sri Lanka
Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Tue May 11
West Indies v Australia
Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Going to be one hell of a group. Really hope to see India in the semis. Australia in bridgetown is going to be the deal though.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay, OZ to lose every game they play, the poor form of SL's top-order the only thing giving them a chance. Really tough group in this format. OZ may take a game off the WI, though.

Sir Alex

Banned
Lol, India playing Windies and Australia at Barbados, which has proven to be full of pace and bounce. Last time when we encountered Aus on such a pitch, we recorded the lowest total in t20. Will be fun to see how young superstar Raina plays there. :lol:

Hope we'll play Rohit Sharma instead of Useless Pathan, who cannot play a delivery above his waist.

If they bowl with discipline, they will can restrict Aus to reasonable total like Ban showed today. More than bowling it's batting am worried about. None of our guys barring Dhoni and to some extent Gambir and Rohit can play the pull shot to save their lives.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Rough group. Ind, SL and Aus are equally matched and WI have the home advantage. The key for every team against Australia is going to be to keep Clarke batting as long as possible. IND, SL and WI should make sure that their fielders drop his catches and not get him runout.

None of our guys barring Dhoni and to some extent Gambir and Rohit can play the pull shot to save their lives.
From what I've seen Ind has done pretty well in major tournaments on the hard bouncy wickets of South Africa. Barbados pitch is no way near as bouncy as the ones during the world cups in SA.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Awesome group, really looking forward to seeing how it all shapes up. I'm pretty confident that Australia can finish in the top 2.

DingDong take note, this is where the tournament gets exciting.

Sir Alex

Banned
Rough group. Ind, SL and Aus are equally matched and WI have the home advantage. The key for every team against Australia is going to be to keep Clarke batting as long as possible. IND, SL and WI should make sure that their fielders drop his catches and not get him runout.

From what I've seen Ind has done pretty well in major tournaments on the hard bouncy wickets of South Africa. Barbados pitch is no way near as bouncy as the ones during the world cups in SA.
Yeah, but that was a different team. Had Sachin, Dravid, Sehwag, Ganguly etc.

I hope Melbourne 08 doesn't repeat, but sadly don't see why it couldn't. Given there is no Sehwag.

DingDong

State Captain
Awesome group, really looking forward to seeing how it all shapes up. I'm pretty confident that Australia can finish in the top 2.

DingDong take note, this is where the tournament gets exciting.
i'll be following it very closely from now on nufan

Bobisback

International Regular
fmd, this was my top 4 teams at the start. This should be the final 4...

Australia and Windies to fall.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol, India playing Windies and Australia at Barbados, which has proven to be full of pace and bounce. Last time when we encountered Aus on such a pitch, we recorded the lowest total in t20. Will be fun to see how young superstar Raina plays there. :lol:

Hope we'll play Rohit Sharma instead of Useless Pathan, who cannot play a delivery above his waist.

If they bowl with discipline, they will can restrict Aus to reasonable total like Ban showed today. More than bowling it's batting am worried about. None of our guys barring Dhoni and to some extent Gambir and Rohit can play the pull shot to save their lives.
Rohit is pretty woeful with the pull shot tbh.

And yeah Australia to walk this group en route to winning the trophy. India to suck big time.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah, but that was a different team. Had Sachin, Dravid, Sehwag, Ganguly etc.

I hope Melbourne 08 doesn't repeat, but sadly don't see why it couldn't. Given there is no Sehwag.

lol you are citing Ganguly as an example of good player of short bowling? I saw a few of his matches in the IPL and he was having trouble handling the short ball even on indian pitches.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rohit is pretty woeful with the pull shot tbh.

And yeah Australia to walk this group en route to winning the trophy. India to suck big time.
Am surprised at this sentiment HB. Genuinely reckon Aus could get pumped here and not even go through tbh.

I confess though I haven't been watching the T20s as much as i should - timezones not helpful really.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think the Huss bros are gonna pull you through with the bat and the legend that is Nannes will make up for the stupidity of picking Harris ahead of Bolly. And I think Steve Smith is a good one in that people will take him too easily and get out... And Dussey will spin it more than Harby..

Shri

Mr. Glass
Praveen Kumar injured and Umesh(wtf?!?) Yadav called up. Should have gone for Irfan Pathan imo.