• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F (Super 8) - Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, I blame CW for this. Saw a bloke in an Essendon top in the crowd and immediately thought "It's a bloke in an Essendon guernsey". Few years back it'd just have been some crim in a randon Aussie Rules shirt.

Ooops, Mehela goes miscuing a pull. Huge.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Excellent bowling from Nannes. Sticking with the bouncer after getting despatched for 6. That is the key wicket. Backing Australia here.

King Pietersen

International Captain
That was a quick delivery from Tait. Jayawardene and Sangakkara both out, this is going brilliantly for Australia now!

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any pace/bounce in the wicket and Mahela is just average I'm afraid
That is a load of poo.

Anyway would be surprised but happy if Sri Lanka got these, Australia very strong though, tipped them for the tournamnet at the start and certainly not going to change my mind now.

social

Tait is the quickest bowler I've seen and that includes the Thomsons, Holdings, Akhtars and Lees

Ugly as hell but lightning for a few overs

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He's up there, no doubt. Reckon Ahktar might just pip him flat out tho.

& that's a top nut from Nannes, just beaten Jayasuriya for pace. Plumb as you like.

social

That is a load of poo.

Anyway would be surprised but happy if Sri Lanka got these, Australia very strong though, tipped them for the tournamnet at the start and certainly not going to change my mind now.
Nope.

Most people know Sanga is SL's best player irrespective of the surface and that bounce/pace kills Mahela

King Pietersen

International Captain
Dirk Nannes is an absolute beast. What a bowler. Jayawardene, Sangakkara and Jayasuriya all back in the shed, this is going fantastically for Australia; and Clarke's still got Mitchell Johnson to turn to.

social

For the time being, it looks like the policy of playing 3 very quick bowlers is working

Still worried about Oz ability on really slow tracks

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jeez, that's a good effort from Warner (I think?). Looked a four for all money. Top commitment on the boundary.

EDIT: Nup, Christian on as the sub. Top stop, anyway.

Last edited: