• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F (Super 8) - Sri Lanka, Australia, India, West Indies

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indian top order needs to have a little bit of a look at itself. (Bar Sharma, WAG).

Spark

Global Moderator
Well that's that.

Would have been complete and utter annhilation if not for a couple of good death overs and a good, if somewhat lucky, innings from Sharma.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
So what was the point of giving Zaheer and Nehra strike against Tait? Sharma was succesfully hitting 6s and 4s.

Sir Alex

Banned
Brilliant innings by Rohit. We aren't going down without a fight. Atleast that's a positive.

Damn, he could've ensured we batted out our overs and better net run rate.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Not the quickest over we've ever seen from Tait, but he was still doing Gambhir for pace and bounce when the line was right. Love watching this Aussie side in T20's.

Vijay gone. Nannes has bowled beautifully first up. I'm predicting 134 all out.
Ya' Freak! :-O

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why couldn't they have played like this 10 overs ago?
Cos they were 6 for 50 I imagine.

Fine knock there from Sharma. Well bowled our blokes. Pretty good performance that. Sharma's top knock saved India's blushes there. Can't believe they prefer others over him tbh.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
Cos they were 6 for 50 I imagine.

Fine knock there from Sharma. Well bowled our blokes. Pretty good performance that. Sharma's top knock saved India's blushes there. Can't believe they prefer others over him tbh.
Had major Dejavu reading this post.

AaronK

State Regular
after seeing Aus and south Africa's fielding..

I think these two teams deserve to play the final and one of them has to win it..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Have to stop the fixation with Jadeja. His selection ahead of Ojha looks really foolish now.
He clearly has some incriminating photos of Dhoni.

But seriously, I think Jadeja is a good fit for the ODI team, but I'm prepared to admit that any believe I had that he could transfer that to T20s is long gone.

Ojha, Chawla, Kartik all better options.

Especially since after his performance against England, I doubt we'll ever play Jadeja as a batsman again. Making his batting not even a bonus really.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, India playing Windies and Australia at Barbados, which has proven to be full of pace and bounce. Last time when we encountered Aus on such a pitch, we recorded the lowest total in t20. Will be fun to see how young superstar Raina plays there. :lol:

Hope we'll play Rohit Sharma instead of Useless Pathan, who cannot play a delivery above his waist.

If they bowl with discipline, they will can restrict Aus to reasonable total like Ban showed today. More than bowling it's batting am worried about. None of our guys barring Dhoni and to some extent Gambir and Rohit can play the pull shot to save their lives.
Good Call.

Have to be honest I have been not really a fan of Rohit Sharma , always felt he was mentally not there.But this innings could be the making of him as The innings at brisbane in the ODI was the making of Gambhit into a establisher player in the Indian team.

But still have two doubts about him 1) His ability to covert good looking starts into real big scores and his ability on slower pitches where there is less bounce than this and the bowl is slower.I have no doubt he would be a more consistent batsmen if Australia was his home country.

Have to say on this type of Pitch which was bouncy and had a bit of zip against the fast bowlers,the RCB duo of Pandey and Kohli would have been useful.Maybe even Uthappa.

Pandey like Sharma did better in the last IPL on SAFFER bouncy wickets than in India.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You just have to look at Sharma compared to Pandey and know Sharma has a lot more potential. Whether he makes use of it is another thing, but I know who has the better technique, on whatever track.

Raina and Yusuf have got the nod ahead of Rohit over the last few years because they've scored the runs... but they've scored them on sub-continental tracks for the most part. But the fact is, Raina hasn't done anything really to be dropped yet, and Yusuf Pathan is Yusuf Pathan. Should play every T20 India play.

I don't blame India for giving Rohit an ego-check, he was getting a bit ****y for his boots. But the time is coming for him to be a mainstay. I'd play him ahead of Karthik everyday anyway, and I said that before the SA game.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
He clearly has some incriminating photos of Dhoni.

But seriously, I think Jadeja is a good fit for the ODI team, but I'm prepared to admit that any believe I had that he could transfer that to T20s is long gone.

Ojha, Chawla, Kartik all better options.

Especially since after his performance against England, I doubt we'll ever play Jadeja as a batsman again. Making his batting not even a bonus really.

Mishra too. Who recently has adapted well to t20.

Jadeja if he can't merit his place as a bowler is of no use ,as he is not a hitter at all and struggles in situation where the run rate required is high. Even in other cases he is at best a average batsmen.
Would even have Irfan "pie" Pathan ahead of him .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah most definitely. If Jadeja isn't bowling well, he's pointless. Proven choker with the bat (T20 World Cup 2009, massive 350+ chase vs. Australia) and also doesn't have the hitting ability.