• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So England **** about as expected. As they ALWAYS do. Whether it's setting up a declaration in Tests or being 'smart' they piss about.

grecian

Ahh, still time for some crap fielding, C'mon England, as Scaly says this lack of impetus could be costly in the long run. Should already be over.

grecian

Well very good innings from KP, and it was a comfortable win, despite many little irritations.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hang on, Pietersen hit that last delivery for 4, surely the winning score is 151, not 148?

Makes a bit of a difference to NRR - if the winning score is 148, NRR is +0.24, if it's 151 then it jumps to +0.39.

Scaly piscine

Not based on anything but I always thought it depended on whether they complete a run before the ball hits/passes the boundary?

Presumably once the winning run is completed the game is over there and then.

grecian

Not based on anything but I always thought it depended on whether they complete a run before the ball hits/passes the boundary?

It does, famously denied Nasser a century, and I think they ran it, the numpties.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Can understand if the ball trickles to the boundary and barely gets there (eg. Brett Lee's 4s in the dying overs of the Old Trafford Test in 2005), but Pietersen hit that through the infield and no-one would have cut it off.

There's a significant enough difference to NRR, which in a close group could be a factor. As far as I'm concerned, Pietersen hit the winning runs by smacking Ajmal to the boundary, the winning score should be 151.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Another game simply handed over to the opposition with pleasure.....make the most of it England you wouldn't get such sweet opponents in the remaining games...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Grrr, NZ lost the toss, hopefully like the Sri Lankan game, it won't matter