Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Will be gutted if England win a cricket world cup in my lifetime tbh, regardless of the format.
    This as well.

Damn, they'll deserve it if they go all the way, playing some good cricket but will be gutted if it happens.
    Last edited by pasag; 11-05-2010 at 04:04 AM.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    If you have watched the Aus matches in this tournment.. they have struggled against Spin..Pakistan should pack their team with spinners..They might have a chance here but Pak have to play extremly well as they have a score to settle against Aussies..
    Yeah but if you have watched Pakistan's matches against Australia in every format for the past six months you'll be crying at the prospect of facing them in the semis.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah but if you have watched Pakistan's matches against Australia in every format for the past six months you'll be crying at the prospect of facing them in the semis.
    If any team is capable of transforming overnight from complete crap to great levels, or the other way round, it must be Pakistan.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    If any team is capable of transforming overnight from complete crap to great levels, or the other way round, it must be Pakistan.
    Like you, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Pakistan were to get one over us if they were up against us in the semis, but people have been saying that about them every time they've played Australia in the last few months and it's always been the same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

lol yeah Pakistan just craps their pants when facing Aus.

Would a Windies win take them#1 in their group?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Would a Windies win take them#1 in their group?
    Only if they win by more than 87 runs.

Only if they win by more than 87 runs.
    so that means we are ****ed.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah you can't drop the captain mid-tournament. Highly doubt his place will come under any question with England going so well either, even though it's had pretty much nothing to with him.

It does bring up an interesting question though.. if Collingwood did get the axe from the T20 team, who'd get the captaincy? I think Pietersen would be basically out of the question after his last stint, I guess we'd be looking at Swanneh.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Haha, such a seedy look.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    That's an amazing expression on his face. Like he's making that ball levitate instead of catching it, and looking towards the camera as if to say "you bet".

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah you can't drop the captain mid-tournament. Highly doubt his place will come under any question with England going so well either, even though it's had pretty much nothing to with him.

It does bring up an interesting question though.. if Collingwood did get the axe from the T20 team, who'd get the captaincy? I think Pietersen would be basically out of the question after his last stint, I guess we'd be looking at Swanneh.
    Not doubting his place yet, just think he needs to score some bloody runs. His last 2 years have been pathetic with the bat, and I actually think his fielding has been affected by him having the captaincy too, so all he has to fall back on is some medium pace off-cutters. Yet for some reason he appears to be untouchable in this side. I'd bet if anyone else in the side was averaging 8 with the bat in 7 innings this year there'd be loads of shouts for them to get the chop, but Collingwood seems to have gotten away with it. He's lucky the rest of the side are playing well, I'd bet if we had been knocked out early people would be talking about dropping him. Don't think he should be on the chopping board yet, but he really needs to start scoring some runs. Actually performing worse than Michael Clarke. =/

Pietersen would get the captaincy for me. Was very harshly treated when captain last time, and should never have been sacked like he was. Pietersen should be ODi and T20 captain for me; Strauss should be replaced by Lumb at the top of the order in ODi's. He should be next in line for the Test captaincy tbh, even with what went on last time. Cook looked diabolical as skipper in Bangladesh.
    Last edited by King Pietersen; 11-05-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    They do have tendency to transform in these situations. Lets see....

To me its always been a one man show for Pak. In batting 1 match winner has to click. It could be Umar, Afridi or Razzaq. I don't see others as big match winners as these 3.

In bowling along with Ajmal we need 1 more bowler to click....

For Australia however, everyone needs to not click. The likes of Hussey, White, Watson especially.
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

vcs
    Don't want England to win under any circumstances, and don't want another subcontinental team winning either. Not much left to cheer for. Why couldn't have some nice neutral likable team like Windies or New Zealand have made the semifinals?
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Don't want England to win under any circumstances, and don't want another subcontinental team winning either. Not much left to cheer for. Why couldn't have some nice neutral likable team like Windies or New Zealand have made the semifinals?
    There's still Australia.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Opener View Post
    There's still Australia.
    Sigh.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread Information