• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

King Pietersen

International Captain
Think we need to give him a little longer before making a judgement. He didn't go too well in his first 2 ODi's before making that century. I'm happy to stick with him atm, need to give an opening pair a decent run.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seriously, how does an international team get to be so horrendously bad at fielding!? Just boggles the mind. If you've played cricket for 10+ years at a high level, as all of these players have done, how do you not know how to ****ing catch a ball? And even if, somehow, by the time you get to the national team you're still not quite sure how to catch a ball hit directly at you, that's why the have coaches and go to all those training sessions. Seriously don't know how Pakistani fans deal with it all.

Still, as (I think) SS said during the Aus-Pak series, it's at least comforting to know that I'm better than a number of professional players at some element of the game.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lumb's started well anyway, oh and that was better from Craig. Another shot, which is nice.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Surprisingly, Lumb has been quite convincing at International level thus far. Not made a score of note yet, but looked comfortable on all 3 surfaces he's played on. I think these 2 have the potential to be a very successful opening pair in T20 cricket if given time. I still think Kieswetter has the potential to be a fine player, needs to be persisted with for a little while though. Can't keep going through opening pairs every series/tournament.

Good over that. 19 off it.

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: This is getting painful for Ajmal now. 3rd drop, and both the openers could be gone. Just hope they kick on and don't throw their wickets away now.