• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

King Pietersen

International Captain
Yeah you can't drop the captain mid-tournament. Highly doubt his place will come under any question with England going so well either, even though it's had pretty much nothing to with him.

It does bring up an interesting question though.. if Collingwood did get the axe from the T20 team, who'd get the captaincy? I think Pietersen would be basically out of the question after his last stint, I guess we'd be looking at Swanneh.
Not doubting his place yet, just think he needs to score some bloody runs. His last 2 years have been pathetic with the bat, and I actually think his fielding has been affected by him having the captaincy too, so all he has to fall back on is some medium pace off-cutters. Yet for some reason he appears to be untouchable in this side. I'd bet if anyone else in the side was averaging 8 with the bat in 7 innings this year there'd be loads of shouts for them to get the chop, but Collingwood seems to have gotten away with it. He's lucky the rest of the side are playing well, I'd bet if we had been knocked out early people would be talking about dropping him. Don't think he should be on the chopping board yet, but he really needs to start scoring some runs. Actually performing worse than Michael Clarke. =/

Pietersen would get the captaincy for me. Was very harshly treated when captain last time, and should never have been sacked like he was. Pietersen should be ODi and T20 captain for me; Strauss should be replaced by Lumb at the top of the order in ODi's. He should be next in line for the Test captaincy tbh, even with what went on last time. Cook looked diabolical as skipper in Bangladesh.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
If any team is capable of transforming overnight from complete crap to great levels, or the other way round, it must be Pakistan.
They do have tendency to transform in these situations. Lets see....

To me its always been a one man show for Pak. In batting 1 match winner has to click. It could be Umar, Afridi or Razzaq. I don't see others as big match winners as these 3.

In bowling along with Ajmal we need 1 more bowler to click....

For Australia however, everyone needs to not click. The likes of Hussey, White, Watson especially.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't want England to win under any circumstances, and don't want another subcontinental team winning either. :ph34r: Not much left to cheer for. Why couldn't have some nice neutral likable team like Windies or New Zealand have made the semifinals? :laugh:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Don't want England to win under any circumstances, and don't want another subcontinental team winning either. :ph34r: Not much left to cheer for. Why couldn't have some nice neutral likable team like Windies or New Zealand have made the semifinals? :laugh:
There's still Australia. :ph34r: