• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
These late runs or lack of will be crucial, you seriously don't fancy SA to ever get off to much of a start with Smith/Kallis/Gibbs up top.

Anything substantial and the middle order generally has to perform a miracle.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Akmal's batting style reminds me of a young Tendulkar. Pure poetry, I hope he turns out into a great Batsman.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Akmal's batting style reminds me of a young Tendulkar. Pure poetry, I hope he turns out into a great Batsman.
I dont know where u got that idea, he is NOTHING like Tendulkar, his older brother probably plays more pure cricketing shots than Umar.

In anycase, on this ground 135 would have been enough, against 4 Pakistani spinners on such a huge ground, south africa will have to bat out of their skin to challenge this total because theyr extremely hard to get away even on small grounds.

GraemeSmith

School Boy/Girl Captain
SA throwing the game away exactly like the indians did yesterday. Slow negative batting in T20 is baffling.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
They just can't seem to score quickly enough against spin. It's either block, or slog. None of the batsmen seem to be in good enough form to have go-to shots to provide a boundary. Kallis and De Villiers are batting painfully slowly.

Oh, and there we go. Block or slog. Kallis tries to slog and smacks it straight to Umar Akmal. Excellent catch from him, appears to be one of the few Pakistani fielders that can catch.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
That's it, Kallis is gone, that should seal the deal for Pak.

Now its in the hands of the English who they want to go to semis.....