• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

BoyBrumby

Englishman
MotM an interesting call. Butler takes it, but if Rehman could bat Butt would've got the nod, surely?

Butler has rather a fey air about him, it must be said... :unsure: :ph34r:

GGG

State Captain
Can't help but feel sorry for Salman Butt.
"Mills to Salman Butt, no run, 79.9 mph, huge appeal, not given. Short ball, Butt looks to pull, and there is a sound as it passes the bottom edge of the bat. Butt seems to have had a let-off "

missed it but was it a obvious caught behind or hard to tell?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
"Mills to Salman Butt, no run, 79.9 mph, huge appeal, not given. Short ball, Butt looks to pull, and there is a sound as it passes the bottom edge of the bat. Butt seems to have had a let-off "

Not out, for mine. Wasn't even a particularly whole hearted appeal as I recall.

Dissector

International Debutant
Am I the only one who thought it wasn't a terrible shot for a tailender in a high pressure situation. A few metres on either side and it would have won the game. Perhaps he could stopped the ball for a single but that wouldn't have won the game and there was always a chance of a runout.

Anyway after dominating the first two TT world cups it looks like only one subcontinental team is going to make it to the semis. Australia looking good to go all the way.

King Pietersen

International Captain
England win toss, bat first. Hopefully Kies'll get a few, not been in great form.

Jimmeh still not playing either. FFS.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am I the only one who thought it wasn't a terrible shot for a tailender in a high pressure situation. A few metres on either side and it would have won the game. Perhaps he could stopped the ball for a single but that wouldn't have won the game and there was always a chance of a runout.

Anyway after dominating the first two TT world cups it looks like only one subcontinental team is going to make it to the semis. Australia looking good to go all the way.
Given that they only needed a single to basically stay in the competition (for another over at least), he should've simply made sure he got something on the ball (bat, pad, whatever) and run like hell

By going for the doctor, he gave NZ the chance to win the match there and then which they duly did

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

If that's from Cricinfo, that guy writing the ball-by-ball needs to be fired.

Not out every day of the week.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Really, unless your 'that' confident in your batting abilities, they should've played safe and just made sure of at least one run. If Salman Butt was there, I'd have no problem with him hitting in the air, but for a tailender its just too much of a risk.

Thats Pakistan I guess, death or glory. :laugh:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I expect Kieswetter and Lumb to actually make an impact against the saffer's pace attack.

At least, they should in theory.

Bobisback

International Regular
Butt should have been halfway down the pitch when the ball was bowled, the bat should have left the ball and ran like hell.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Lumb'll either go first ball, or get 25 off 17 before chucking his wicket away against Botha. Would love to see him get a big score, but I don't see it against this attack.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa up against their bogey team. Although that said, their performance in the field against England at the last tourney was probably the best I've seen in a T20i.

Howsie

International Captain
Third man up and you decide to bowl short, WTF? Personally I thought that last over (bar the 5th ball) was very poor, length balls the entire over, Butler got lucky that Butt couldn't get bat on two of those balls he missed that he really should of put away.

A wins a win but I can't see NZ getting to the semis, our top four haven't scored a run all tournament and someone like Guptill isn't going to help this team if he can't play spin from ball one.