Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    love how dire a captain is Afridi proving to be.
    Should have bowed Ajmal and Asif at Pietersen. Ajmal was simply the best bowler in the match. If Ajmal managed to get one or two more, cat might have been thrown among the pigeons.

If I was given a selection of bowlers, I would open with Ajmal against Kieswetter and Lumb,. Would have picked up both easily IMO. Captaincy from Afridi was dire
    Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows

I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Should have bowed Ajmal and Asif at Pietersen. Ajmal was simply the best bowler in the match. If Ajmal managed to get one or two more, cat might have been thrown among the pigeons.

If I was given a selection of bowlers, I would open with Ajmal against Kieswetter and Lumb,. Would have picked up both easily IMO. Captaincy from Afridi was dire
    giving Razzaq the new ball was random.Ajmal and Aamir had half their overs left when the game was almost gone and why was Ajmal still standing at mid on after the first drop?

captaincy was extreamly poor.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    giving Razzaq the new ball was random.Ajmal and Aamir had half their overs left when the game was almost gone and why was Ajmal still standing at mid on after the first drop?

I take my call back for Afridi being the Test and ODI capatain as well ...
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

Amen brother.

I think it is too early to call afridi a bad captain.. the fact that he is captaining a pakistani side.. he should get credit for that.. no one plays for the team in the pakistani squad.. everyone is trying for their individual performances.. there are players who are back stabing each other. . throwing matches, droping catches in purpose and missing run outs... the fact that he manages a team like this.. he deserve a credit for that..
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Looking forward to the NZ Pakistan game. Styris needs to step up the plate with a performance tonight.

I think management will be looking at his spot in the batting order - luckily he has been bowling well so he should be safe.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 08-05-2010 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

partly hoping we get thumped today if it leads to Afirdi sacking as skipper also finding it difficult to support team which consistently selects duds like Sami,Misbah,Hafeez despite them being worse then donkey ****e.

U19 Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
    I think it is too early to call afridi a bad captain.. the fact that he is captaining a pakistani side.. he should get credit for that.. no one plays for the team in the pakistani squad.. everyone is trying for their individual performances.. there are players who are back stabing each other. . throwing matches, droping catches in purpose and missing run outs... the fact that he manages a team like this.. he deserve a credit for that..
    No its not too early, this was always going to happen. I always felt that for his sake, he shouldn't ever become captain. Pakistani fans adored and loved this guy for all his craziness, flamboyance and unpredictability but never his moments of mental genius... because he never had any. Captaincy was always going to expose him.

He is good when it comes to backing players and supporting them, but he was always always going to be a horrible tactician. He doesn't even see the basics on the field let alone having the capacity to implement any sort of plans.

Its one thing to have selfish individuals in the team and those who do not perform up to par, its another thing to implement bowling and fielding changes that are utter suicide. Forget the dropped catches, if it weren't for his ridiculously stupid decisions on the field, Pakistan would well have had a very good chance.

It would have been better if Afridi retired the Afridi of old, captaincy will go a long way in tarnishing his reputation and his insane adoration on the part of Paksitani fans.

GGG
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Looking forward to the NZ Pakistan game. Styris needs to step up the plate with a performance tonight.

I think management will be looking at his spot in the batting order - luckily he has been bowling well so he should be safe.
    Hopkins in the weak link in my opinion, got a few runs v australia and thats all he has done, McCullum the gloves and Nicol a go plus Mills for Southee.

Ryder
    McCullum
    Guptil
    Taylor
    Nicol
    Styris
    Oram
    McCullum
    Vettori
    Mills
    Bond

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Yeah, this tournament is the first real look I've had at Hopkins and looks short in both disciplines, IMHO. McCullum major wants to htfu and take the gloves.

Plus Hopkins's big shiny bald head creeps me out more than slightly. White guys with shaven heads and no compensatory facial hair = just no.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Bit of swing for Sami first up, but if he bowls them as short and wide as that last one to McCullum it's all for nought.

& follows it up with a very wide one that gives Akmal no chance for 5 wides.

Why was Asif dropped? Injury or one fears for the mental capacity of the selectors.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Sami you are ****.
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Guptill all at sea against spin. 1 from 8 currently.

EDIT: 2 from 9 but reckon he'd have been gone if Afridi hit. Keeps strike too.

2nd EDIT: & holes out to long on. Shot born out of the pressure of not scoring. Not the worst thing for NZ tho, frankly.
    Last edited by BoyBrumby; 08-05-2010 at 07:57 AM.

99*
    Of course. We get Pakistan when they decide to start catching.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

Spinners doing a real job for Pakistan here. 51/2 off 8.1 currently.

EDIT: Ha, commentator's curse. McCullum slog sweeps a short one for four. Ooops, but goes trying to repeat the trick. Huge. NZ in strife, tbh.

2nd EDIT: Skipper in at five. Interesting.
    Last edited by BoyBrumby; 08-05-2010 at 08:07 AM.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information